Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Thursday, 30 March 2017

NARESH - 11/11/1950

નૂતન વર્ષાભિનંદન ૧૧-૧૧-૫૦

પ્રિય હેમેન્દ્ર, તારા તરફથી એક કવર અને પોસ્ટકાર્ડ મળ્યાં છે, વાંચી અત્યંત આનંદ થયો.

ઘણાં વખતથી તને પત્ર લખવાની ઈચ્છા થતી હતી પરંતુ આળસને લઈને લખી શક્યો ન હતો પણ આજ જ્યારે તારું પોસ્ટકાર્ડ મળ્યું ત્યારે મન મક્કમ કરીને આ પત્ર લખવા બેઠો છું.

તારા પત્રથી જાણ્યું કે તું N.C.C માં જોડાયો છે અને કેમ્પમાં પણ જઈ આવ્યો છો કેમ્પમાં તો ખૂબ મઝા પડી નહીં હશે? હું પણ ૧૫ દિવસ બેંગલોર અને માયસોર તરફ ફરી આવ્યો છું, ખૂબ જ મઝા આવી હતી.

દિવાળી વિષે તારા અભિપ્રાયો જાણ્યા. મેં તો આ વખતે કોઈની પાસે સાંભળ્યું હતું કે દિવાળીના દિવસે રામે રાવણને મારી નાખેલો અને તેથી તેનાં

 

આનંદમાં આ દિવસ ઉજવાયેલો અને હજી પણ જુની રૂઢી પ્રમાણે તે દિવસ દિવાળી અને બેસતા વર્ષ તરીકે ઉજવાય છે. આ વાત કેટલે અંશે સાચી છે કે ખોટી તે તો હું નથી જાણતો.

વિરેન્દ્રના પત્રો આવતા હશે તેને મારી યાદી. હમણાં આ રજાઓમાં તે કેટલા અને ક્યા ક્યા મિત્રો જોયા ? મેં તો આ રજાઓમાં ચાર મિત્રો બેંગલોરમાં અને પાંચ મિત્રો મુંબઈમાં જોયા છે.

આપણાં જુનાં મિત્ર બાબુને મારી યાદી આપજે.

જગદીશ મઝામાં છે.

હાલ એજ

લિ. રેશ

નૂતન વર્ષાભિનંદન એક દિવસ મોડા છે તો ચલાવી લઈશ ને?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year (Nutan Varshabhinandan)

11-11-50

Dear Hemendra,

Received one cover [envelope] and a postcard from you; was extremely delighted to read them.

For a long time I wished to write a letter to you, but due to laziness I couldn't write. However, today when I received your postcard, I firmly made up my mind and sat down to write this letter.

Learned from your letter that you joined the N.C.C. and also returned after attending a camp. Must have had a lot of fun at the camp, right? I also traveled towards Bangalore and Mysore for 15 days; it was immense fun.

Learned your thoughts regarding Diwali. This time I heard from someone that on Diwali day, Lord Rama killed Ravana, and therefore

this day was celebrated in joy, and according to old custom, it is still celebrated as Diwali and the New Year. How far this story is true or false, I do not know.

Virendra's letters must be arriving—my regards to him. How many and which friends did you meet during these holidays? During these holidays, I met four friends in Bangalore and five friends in Mumbai.

Give my regards to our old friend Babu.

Jagdish is doing well.

That is all for now.

Yours,

Resh [Naresh]

New Year greetings are one day late, hope you will manage with that?


 



No comments:

Post a Comment