To, Pushpa Khara c/o PRABHUDAS CO. c/o Khara Bros. BISTIPUR BAZAR 203/1, Harrison Road, MAIN ROAD Calcutta P.O. JAMSHEDPUR (B.N.R.)
તા.
૩૦-૧-'૫૨ વિદ્યાનગર.
પ્રિય
વ્હેન, હમણાં ઘણા સમયથી તમારા
તરફથી પત્ર નથી. લાગે
છે કે શૈલેષનાં તોફાન
વધી ગયાં હશે. જ્યારે
જ્યારે ફુરસદ મેળવો પત્ર લખતા રહેશો.
મને તો હમણાં ઓછી
નવરાશ મળે છે એટલે
ખાસ જોઈને પત્ર લખતો નથી.
પરીક્ષાની તૈયારી મુસ્તાફેદ આગળ વધી રહી
છે. કેવી રીતે તેનો
ખ્યાલ આપું. ગઈ કાલે રાત્રે
પલંગ પર બેસી ને
વાંચતો હતો. લગભગ બે
વાગે ઝોકું આવી ગયું. પાછી
જ્યારે આંખ ઉઘડી ત્યારે
ઘડિયાળમાં જોઉં છું તો
પાંચ વાગેલાં! ત્રણ કલાક સુધી
બેઠાં-બેઠાં જ ઉંઘ ખેંચી!
આજકાલનું આ જીવન છે.
નયન પણ આ...
...લાગે
છે કામમાં બીજા નીચે કૈંક
રમુજ અને રાહત મળશે.
ભાઈ વિરેન્દ્ર પણ પરીક્ષાની ધમાલમાં
પડ્યો છે. એને તો
અમારા કરતાં વહેલી છે એટલે હમણાં
એનાં તરફથી પણ કૈં પત્ર
નથી. બાકી રાજકોટ કે
વડિયાથી તો કોઈ દિ
કોઈનો કાગળ હોતો નથી.
એટલે હમણાં તો કૈંક drowsy, isolated mood માં છું. હવે
આપણી વાત કરો. વજન
માં શું થયું છે?
અત્યારે ક્યાંય ફરવા જવાનું છે?
Little Ox (શૈલેષ) મજામાં છે ને? તમારી
તબિયત સારી રહેશે. હમણાં
મેં 'હમલોગ' જોયું. સરસ છે. મમ્મી
તબિયત સારી છે. પત્ર
લખશો. લી. હેમેન્દ્ર ના
પ્રણામ
પ્રિય
મંજુબહેન, તમારાં છેલ્લાં પત્રનો જવાબ મેં તમને
આપી દીધો છે એટલે
હવે નવું મેં લખ્યું
બીજું નથી. આ પત્ર
થી પણ પાછું વધે
છે. તબિયત કેમ છે? અને
પછી પ્રવાસ કેમ ચાલ્યો છે?
એ વિશે વિગત લખશો.
બે-દિવસ પહેલાં મનસુખભાઈ
અહીં આવેલ. આવતી કાલે એમની
મંડળીમાં Function -
Gathering દિ. છે, એટલે હું
સાંજે જઈશ. ભાનુબહેન ગયાં
ત્રણેક અઠવાડિયાથી વધી ગયો. બેબી-બહેન અને સામળદાસ
થોડા દિવસ પહેલાં મુંબઈ
ગયાં પરંતુ હું સ્ટેશને મળવા
ના તો જઈ શક્યો.
પત્ર લખશો. લી. બટુક ના
પ્રણામ ૧૩૧, સ્ટાફ હોસ્ટેલ
વિદ્યાનગર
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Pushpa Khara
c/o PRABHUDAS CO. / c/o Khara Bros.
BISTIPUR BAZAR / 203/1, Harrison Road, MAIN ROAD
Calcutta / P.O. JAMSHEDPUR (B.N.R.)
Date: 30-1-'52
Vidyanagar
Dear Sister,
There hasn't been a letter from you for quite some time now. It seems Shailesh's mischief must have increased. Whenever you find free time, keep writing letters. These days I get very little leisure, so I don't write letters without a specific reason.
Exam preparations are progressing in full swing. How do I give you an idea of it? Last night I was sitting on the bed reading. Around two o'clock, I dozed off. When my eyes opened again and I looked at the clock, it was five o'clock! I slept sitting up for three whole hours! Such is life these days. Nayan also...
...it feels like there will be some humor and relief working under someone else. Brother Virendra is also caught up in the exam rush. His exams are earlier than ours, so there hasn't been any letter from him recently either. Otherwise, there is rarely ever a letter from anyone in Rajkot or Vadia. So right now, I am in a somewhat drowsy, isolated mood.
Now tell me about yourself. What happened with your weight? Are you planning to travel anywhere right now? Is Little Ox (Shailesh) doing well? Hope your health remains good. Recently I watched the movie "Hum Log". It's nice. Mummy's health is good. Do write a letter.
Yours respectfully,
Hemendra
Letter Segment to Manjubahen:
Dear Manjubahen,
I have already replied to your last letter, so I don't have anything new to write. My work burden is also increasing through this letter. How is your health? And how did the journey/trip go after that? Please write details about it.
Mansukhbhai came here two days ago. Tomorrow there is a function / gathering in their group, so I will go in the evening. Bhanubahen left about three weeks ago. Baby-bahen and Samaldas went to Mumbai a few days ago, but I couldn't go to the station to meet them. Do write a letter.
Yours respectfully,
Batuk
131, Staff Hostel, Vidyanagar




No comments:
Post a Comment