Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 27 March 2017

ANTU - 14/11/1955

To,

HEMENDRA PAREKH Esq. B.E.,

616, E. DANIEL,

CHAMPAIGN

( ILLINOIS ) U.S.A.

 

8, Woburn Mansions, Torrington Place, London, W.C.1. 14th Nov. '55.

My dear Hemendra,

Here's wishing you a very happy Diwali and prosperous New Year.

Thanks very much indeed for your kind letter of Oct., the 15th. I am glad that you got thro' your Prelim. Exam., my mighty congratulations and happy to know that you settled there soon.

When you write to our friends home, please say "my love & best regards" to them.

I am quite happy here — & preparing against time for the coming 2nd year Exam.

Hope you will kind enough to drop me a few lines quite often and cheer me up.

 

Well, I should like if you do me the follow. favour by sending me a few shirts. The measurements & other details are as follows :—

Please, take your own time & do it when it suits you, but try to get it done before X'mas so that I have not to pay customs here; and while sending please put on it "X'mas Present" & filling the custom forms there, make it sure that it will reach here any tax-free.

Send two shirts each, on the two following addresses, instead of

sending all the four shirts on the same address:—

① Dr. P. W. MESHWANI, 41, FITZROY SQUARE, LONDON, W.1.

② My present address (as written on the right hand top corner in front part)

I think, the collars measurements alone will suffice to get the right size shirt for all of us.

Well, all expenses that you have to bear for the same, please do so on my account, & I shall clear it when we meet in near future.

I hope, everything is simple & clear re the above. (Please send them by Sea (Post) & arrange accordingly to get them here before X'mas). [Written in red ink]: (The price of shirt should be reasonable so that I can afford it.)

So, dear, all the best — sorry to bother you so much, thanks very much — wish you hale & hearty & hope to hear very soon from you.

With best regards — yours sincerely,

ANANT.

MEHTA A.J., 8, Woburn mansions, Torrington Place, London, W.C.1.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment