Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Friday, 13 January 2017

LELAH DUSHKIN- 28/12/1955


Dec. 28, 1955

Dear Mr. Parekh,

You must be in Chicago by now, and I am sorry that I am not there to 'show you the sights'. I did not get your letter in time to put you in touch with some of my friends there, but I trust that you are enjoy-

 

ing your visit anyway.

I was surprised that Mr. Meghani gave you my Winnetka address. We moved to Vermont 2 years ago — in fact by the time I met Mr. Meghani my parents were already well-settled in our lovely mountain home. If you ever have occasion to come up to northern New England do let us know and ~~too~~ come visit us. We live only 40 miles (not much in this part of the country!) from the Experiment headquarters in Putney, Vermont.

At present I am studying ~~about~~ your fascinating country (and trying to learn हिन्दी) at the University of Pennsylvania. I hope to get my M.A. in "South Asia" in June. If you are

 

ever in Philadelphia before then, do look me up. My address is

3426 Powelton Ave, Phila. 4, Pa.

I could put you in touch with some Gujarathis in case you ever get homesick for your mother tongue.

When you next write the Meghanis please send my best regards. I thought the families he chose for us were among the most interesting and likeable people we met in all of India.

Sincerely, Lelah Dushkin

 

Return Address: Lelah Dushkin Weston, Vermont

Recipient Address: Mr. Hemen Parekh 616 E. Daniel St. Champaign Illinois

 





No comments:

Post a Comment