Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Wednesday, 25 January 2017

KANTI FUA- 10/04/1958

April 10, 1958.

My dear Bhatukbhai,

I am continuing this correspondence with you without having any response from you to my letters written to you so far. I assume, however, that everything has gone well and you have reached Southampton when you will receive this letter.

Messrs. Jeena & Company, our Travelling Agents, have been informed by the Lloyd Triestino Line that they have reserved for you Tourist Class accommodation in the m.v. "Victoria" sailing from Naples to Bombay on 1st May 1958.

It is now necessary for you to inform the Lloyds Triestino Line, Genoa as also at Naples offices your contact address in Europe so that they may give you further particulars in regard to reservation in the m.v."Victoria". Payments have already been made to them and tickets will be available for collection. You will, please, firmly advise the Lloyds Triestino Line that you will be embarking for your journey (Italy to Bombay) from Naples and not Genoa. If, however, you propose to leave from Genoa, you should reach there before 30th April as the steamer will sail from Genoa on that day.

I am worried as there is no reply from you and all payments have been paid for your passage as scheduled.

I trust this letter will find you quite cheerful and enjoying your journey thoroughly well.

Yours faithfully,

sd/-

(KANTILAL Z. GANDHI).

Hamendra C. Parekh, Esq.,

C/o. s.s. 'Queen Mary',

Cunard Line,

SOUTHAMPTON.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment