Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Friday, 10 February 2017

BOTADRA - 27/12/1960

Mrs. Hemen C. Parekh

c/o Dr. Sanghani (C.M.O. Calico Mills)

Madhu Kunj, Krishna Society

AHMEDABAD

 

H.M. Botadra

3/27 Sharda Building,

Topiwala Lane, Lamington Road,

Bombay-7. २१.१२.६० (21.12.60)

 

પૂજ્ય ગુરૂપત્નિ,

લી. ગુરૂના શિષ્ય,

તમારા તરફથી સારા સમાચારના તાર મળ્યાને તરતજ પત્ર લખવા વિચાર હતો પણ તમારું ત્યાંનુ એડ્રેસ ન હોવાથી ગુપચુપ બેસી રહેવું પડ્યું. દિવાળી પર પણ તે હિસાબે જ કાર્ડ ન મોકલી શક્યો? મને આશા છે તમે જરૂર દરગુજર કરશો. હું ને હેમેન્દ્ર ભેગાં થઈએ ત્યારે ગપ્પા મારવામાં ઉંચા ન આવીએ તેથી એડ્રેસ લેવાનું ભુલી જવાય છે. આજે તો નિશ્ચય કરી ને જૂની ટપાલમાંથી લગ્નની પત્રિકા ગોતી એડ્રેસ મેળવી પત્ર લખું છું.

મોડા મોડા પણ અમારી બન્ને તરફથી તમોને ખૂબ ખૂબ ધન્યવાદ. ભાઈ ખૂબ સુખી થાય ને જલ્દી તેને બેબીની પણ પ્રાપ્તિ

 

થાય તેવી ઇશ્વરને પ્રાર્થના છે.

કુસુમના પત્ર અવાર નવાર આવે છે. તમોને ખૂબ જ યાદ કરે છે. કેમ ન કરે? હવે તેને પણ દિવસો ભરાઈ ગયા છે. તબિયત સારી છે. તમારી તબિયત સારી હશે? બા - બાપુજી - સરલાબેન તથા બીજા જે કોઈ કુટુંબી હોય તેમને યાદી.

અહીં અમે સૌ કુશળ છીએ. તમે હશો જ. અહીં તો બહુ ગરમી પડે છે ત્યાં આગળ ખૂબ ઠંડી પડતી હશે?

હું પંદરેક દિવસ પછી દેશમાં જવાની છું કદાચ એકાદ દિવસ અમદાવાદ ઉતરી જઈશ તો જરૂર મળવા આવીશ. તા. ૧૪ અગર ૨૧ મી જાન્યુ. ૬૧ ના રોજ મળવા આવીશ તો તે દિવસે તાપુમારી બહાર ન જશો અગરે જાવ તો એડ્રેસ મુકી જજો જ્યાં જવ ત્યાંનું.

 

હવે અહીં ક્યારે આવવા વિચાર છો? હજીયે હજી બે-ત્રણ મહિના ન આવો તો સારું. જો કે ગુરૂ તો 'દુખી' થાય છે. પણ બેનો રસ્તો શું?

નાંદોદ ત્યાં દિયરના લગ્ન કરવા પણ જવાનું હશે ને? બાબાની બા થયા હવે જેઠાણી થાવ પછી સાસુ પછી 'ગઢીમા' પછી કલ્પના કરતાં ધ્રુજારી આવે... આમને આમ આપણે ય જીવ્યે જઈએ છીએ. મણસ માણસ જાતના ભલા માટે કાંઈ પણ કરવા અચકાતો નથી - પશુ-પક્ષી-પ્રાણીમાત્રનો ભોગ લે છે પણ માણસેય જીવીને શું સિધ્ધિ મેળવે છે? કરોડો માણસો પશુ જેમ જ નથી જીવતા? ખેર!

ભગવાન આડી વાતે ઉતરી પડ્યો. સારું થયું જગ્યા પણ સ્હેજ ખલાસ થઈ ગઈ છે. તેમ તમારે આનંદ કરશો.

લી. હેમનના વંદન

 

H.M. Botadra 3/27 Sharda Building, Topiwala Lane, Lamington Rd, Bombay-7.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Hemen C. Parekh

c/o Dr. Sanghani (C.M.O. Calico Mills)

Madhu Kunj, Krishna Society

AHMEDABAD

H.M. Botadra

3/27 Sharda Building,

Topiwala Lane, Lamington Road,

Bombay-7. 21.12.60 [December 21, 1960]

Respected Guru-patni [Master's Wife],

From: Guru's Disciple,

Immediately upon receiving the telegram with good news from your side, I intended to write a letter, but since I didn't have your address over there, I had to remain quietly waiting. Was it on that same account that I couldn't even send a card during Diwali? I hope you will certainly pardon me. When Hemendra and I get together, we get so carried away in chatting that we forget to take the address. Today, however, with firm resolve, I searched through old mail, found the wedding invitation, obtained the address, and am writing this letter.

Even though late, heartfelt congratulations to you from both of us. Praying to God that Brother [Hemen] becomes very happy and is soon blessed with a baby as well.

Letters from Kusum arrive from time to time. She remembers you very much. Why wouldn't she? Now her days are also near full-term. Her health is good. Hope your health is good? Regards to Ba, Bapuji, Sarlabahen, and whichever other family members are there.

Here we are all fine. You must be too. It is very hot here; is it very cold over there?

I am going to the native place after about fifteen days; perhaps if I stop in Ahmedabad for a day, I will definitely come to meet you. If I come to meet on the 14th or 21st of January '61, do not go out on that day, or if you do go, leave the address behind of wherever you go.

Now when do you plan to come here? It would still be better if you don't come for another two or three months. Though the 'Guru' gets 'miserable'. But what is the way out for sisters?

You will also have to go to Nandod for your brother-in-law's (diyar) wedding, right? Having become Baba's mother, now you will become a Jethani [husband's elder brother's wife], then a mother-in-law, then a 'Grandmother'... a shudder comes just imagining it... like this, we too keep living on. Man hesitates at nothing for the sake of his own species' well-being—sacrificing animals, birds, every living creature—yet what achievement does man attain by living? Don't millions of human beings live just like animals? Well!

I strayed into off-topic philosophical thoughts. It's good that space is almost exhausted anyway. Thus you may enjoy.

— Respectful greetings from Hemant

H.M. Botadra







No comments:

Post a Comment