Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Thursday, 30 March 2017

NARESH - 30/09/1951

ટાપર રોડ, મહેતા હાઉસ, ૩૦ માર્ચ '૫૬

હેમેન્દ્ર, તારુ લખેલ એક પોસ્ટકાર્ડ અને પત્ર ગઈ કાલે મળ્યા છે વાંચી અત્યંત આનંદ પરંતુ તે પત્રોમાં તો મને માત્ર ધમકી જેવું જ લાગ્યું અંદર કાંઈ જ નવીન ન હતું.

હું કાઠીયાવાડમાં તારીખ ૧૬ મીએ દાખલ થયો હતો અને મારૂ આવવાનું અચાનક થવાથી તારી પરવાનગી નહોતી મેળવી તે બદલ હું મારો ગુન્હો કબુલ કરું છું અને તે માટે "તમે" જે કાંઈ શિક્ષા ફરમાવશો તે કબુલ છે! પરંતુ શિક્ષા કરતો વખતે એટલું ખ્યાલમાં રાખશો કે આ શિક્ષા હું ફક્ત સુરેન્દ્રનગર અગર મુંબઈ જ ભોગવી શકું.

બીજું તે રાજકોટ આવવા માટે ઘણો જ આગ્રહ ભર્યો પત્ર લખ્યો છે અને મારે મારૂ મન પણ ઘણું જ તલપાપડ થઈ રહ્યું છે પરંતુ પહેલા તેં પત્ર લખ્યો હતો કે આ વેકેશનમાં હું

 

મુંબઈ આવવાનો છું તો પછી શા માટે મને પ્રયાશમાં ઉતારે છે? તારા મોટાભાઈ આવે કે તુરત તું અહીં આવજે અને પછી તે જ દિવસો આપણે આબુ તરફ અગર મુંબઈ જતા રહીશું. જગદીશને પણ પત્ર લખીશું તો કદાચ(?) તે પણ આવશે.

આ વેકેશનમાં મેં જગદીશ અને મારા થોડા મિત્રોએ આબુ તથા માથેરાન જવાનું નક્કી કર્યું હતું પરંતુ મારૂ આ બાજુ અચાનક આવવાથી હવે તેઓએ શું કર્યું છે તે પણ ખબર નથી.

હું અહીં આવ્યા પછી તે જ દિવસે એટલે કે ૧૬ મીએ સાંજે પાલીતાણા ગયો હતો અને ત્યાં પાંચ છ દિવસ રોડાયેલો પછી ત્યાંથી આવીને એક દિવસ ઘોઘા જઈ આવ્યો અને હવે પછી અઠવાડિયામાં જ મુંબઈ જવા વિચાર છે. અહીં બહુ જ કંટાળો આવે છે. આખો દિવસ એક વર્ષ જેવો મને તો લાગે છે. તો હવે તારા ભાઈ આવે કે તુરત * તું અહીં આવી જઈશ જેથી આપણે અહીંથી મુંબઈ અગર તું કહીશ ત્યાં જઈ શકીશું.

 

આશા રાખું છું કે તું આ પત્ર સાથે સંમત થઈશ.

એજ લી. નરેશ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tower Road, Mehta House

30 March '51 (Note: Written as '56, contextually '51)

Hemendra,

Received one postcard and a letter written by you yesterday. Was extremely delighted to read them, but in those letters, I felt nothing short of a threat—there was nothing new inside.

I entered Kathiawar on the 16th, and since my arrival was sudden, I hadn't obtained your permission. For that, I admit my guilt, and whatever punishment "you" declare for that, I accept! But while deciding the punishment, keep in mind that I can undergo this punishment only in Surendranagar or Mumbai.

Another thing—you wrote a very insistent letter asking me to come to Rajkot, and my own mind is also very eager/restless to come, but earlier you had written a letter saying that during this vacation you

were coming to Mumbai. So then why put me through the trouble? As soon as your elder brother arrives, come here immediately, and then in those very days we will leave towards Abu or Mumbai. We will also write a letter to Jagdish, so perhaps (?) he might come as well.

During this vacation, Jagdish, a few friends of mine, and I had decided to go to Abu and Matheran, but since I came to this side unexpectedly, I don't know what they have done now.

After arriving here, on the very same day—that is, on the evening of the 16th—I went to Palitana and stayed there for five or six days. After returning from there, I took a day trip to Ghogha, and now I plan to go to Mumbai within a week. I feel very bored here. To me, a whole day feels like a full year. So now, as soon as your brother arrives, you come here immediately so that we can go from here to Mumbai or anywhere else you suggest.

I hope you will agree with this letter.

That is all.

Yours,

Naresh

 




No comments:

Post a Comment