Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 2 May 2022

PUSHPA BEN - 08.09.1952


To, Pushpa A. Khara c/o Khara Bros., 203/1 Harrison Road, Calcutta . 7.

H. C. Parekh B-77 Engineering Hostel, Vallabh Vidyanagar via Anand.

Hamendra


 

૮મી સપ્ટે. ૧૯૫૨ વિદ્યાનગર

પ્રિય બહેન, તમારો પત્ર મળ્યો. દિલગીરી નથી પત્રવ્યવહાર આપણો, પણ છેલ્લા બે પત્રિકાથી હંમેશ તમારા પત્રની રાહ જોતો હતો. તમને એમ થશે કે તે પછી મેં શું કામ પત્ર ન લખ્યો! મને થોડો ગુસ્સો ચડેલો. રક્ષાબંધનને દિવસે તમારા પત્રની અપેક્ષા રાખેલી. પરંતુ એ ન મળ્યો ત્યારે સખત નિરાશામાં ડૂબી ગયો હતો, એ એટલે શું લખું! ઉભરાઈ ગયા પછી મનનું મન ઠેકાણે કરવું બહુ અઘરું થઈ ગયું. હૃદયનો એ પરિતાપ જ્યારે અસહ્ય બને છે ત્યારે બધીયે ચિંતા ને પત્ર ન લખવો એમ વિચારી, ફરી બેસું છું. પણ એ આ બધી માયામાંથી બહાર નીકળવું છે. બહેન, સાચું કહું તો 'અતિસ્નેહ પાપશંકા', એમ મને પણ વિચારે તમારા બધાનો અતિશય પ્રેમ સાંભરી આવે છે ત્યારે દિલમાં જેવી તેવી વ્યથા છવાઈ જાય છે. મેં તને...

 

અગાઉ પણ લખેલું એ મુજબ આ બધી જ એ પ્રભુ નું પાયા સ્વરૂપ જ છે એવું હું માનું છું. પરંતુ એ બંધનો ને તોડી નાખવાની શક્તિ મારામાં નથી આવી. એટલે અત્યારે તો મારી દશા ત્રિશંકુ ના જેવી થઈ છે. I want the salvation of my soul. But there are two ways: one is that of absolute 'વૈરાગ્ય' and 'નિવૃત્તિ' while the other one is that of Lord Krishna – the way of 'નિસ્વાર્થ કર્મ'. I will try out the later one, first! રસ્તામાં ઘણી મુશ્કેલીઓ અને ભય છે. એનો સામનો કરવા તમારા આશિર્વાદની જરૂર છે બહેન, – હું એને લાયક થઈ – થવા પ્રયત્ન કરીશ અને પછી તો 'ચાલ્યો જજે, તું જ ભોમિયો લાવનાર છે, બાપુ!' વધુ શું? ચંદાબહેનને પત્ર લખવા જરૂર કહેજો. 'પ્રવાસી' માં આ વખતે એમનું જ નામ જોયું ને? તબિયત-પાણી સારા હશે. 'બળદિયો' નોકરી પરથી છૂટો થયો. હું હવે નિયમિત પત્ર લખીશ. લિ. બટુક ના પ્રણામ.

 

તા.ક. તમારા પત્ર ઉપર જૂનું સરનામું હતું. શું તમો એમ માનો છો કે હું હજી ઈન્ટરમાં જ છું? ત્રણ વર્ષ પછી તો હું એન્જીનિયર થઈ જઈશ – સમજાય છે ને?

સરનામું:- ROOM NO. B-77 Engineering Hostel Vallabh Vidyanagar Anand

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To:

Pushpa A. Khara

c/o Khara Bros.

203/1 Harrison Road

Calcutta - 7

Sender:

H. C. Parekh

B-77 Engineering Hostel,

Vallabh Vidyanagar via Anand

Hemendra

September 8, 1952

Vidyanagar

Dear Sister,

Received your letter. I am not sad about our correspondence, but for the last two letters, I was constantly waiting for your reply. You might wonder why I didn't write a letter after that! I was a little angry. I expected your letter on Raksha Bandhan. But when I didn't receive it, I sank into severe disappointment, so what could I write! After emotions boiled over, it became very difficult to bring the mind back to order. When that anguish of the heart becomes unbearable, leaving aside all worries, I decide not to write a letter and sit back. But I want to come out of all this illusion. Sister, to tell you the truth, "Atisneha Paapshanki" (Excessive affection breeds apprehension of evil)—similarly, when I recall everyone's immense love, a strange distress spreads across my heart. As I...

...wrote to you earlier, I believe all this is ultimately the foundational form of the Almighty. But I haven't acquired the strength to break those bonds yet. So right now, my condition has become like that of Trishanku. I want the salvation of my soul. But there are two ways: one is that of absolute vairagya (detachment) and nivritti (renunciation), while the other one is that of Lord Krishna – the way of niswarth karma (selfless action). I will try out the latter one, first! There are many difficulties and dangers on the path. I need your blessings to face them, Sister—I will try to become worthy of them, and then, after all, "Keep walking, you yourself are the guide to bring light, father!" What more? Do tell Chandabahen to write a letter. Didn't you see her name in 'Pravasi' this time? Hope your health is good. 'Baladiyo' (Bullock) left his job. I will write letters regularly now.

Yours respectfully,

Batuk

P.S.: Your letter had the old address. Do you think I am still in Inter (Intermediate)? In three years, I will become an engineer—understand?

Address:

ROOM NO. B-77

Engineering Hostel

Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand





 

No comments:

Post a Comment