Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 27 March 2017

ANTU - 08/12/1955

To:

Hamendra C. Parekh

Esq., B.E. 616, E. Daniel,

CHAMPAIGN, (Illinois), U.S.A.

8, Woburn Mansions, Torrington Place, London, W.C.1., 8th Dec '55.

Dear Hemendrabhai –

This is to acknowledge that I received your letter dated the 1st; was glad to read it — My address – I am at fault, but my best new year wishes and all my warm regards to you.

Well — was extremely glad to know about all your activities; it is natural that a Scholar and social by nature person like you won't face trouble anywhere. During Christmas, you must be going to new places to travel with friends.

Fine — regarding Naresh — I had a letter from him last year; and he wrote asking me to make inquiries for Textiles here in Manchester; whether he should apply from there for next year; I sent him a reply, after which I received your letter; — knowing that you got admission for him in Philadelphia Text. Inst. —

glad — after his letter, I will inform him about here — Precisely, it's up to him how to act in this matter.

There should be a letter conveying good news from Jagdishbhai in a short time —

Now, regarding my shirts — send only one shirt for me (" COLL.) — 100% Dacron — White — or send another one in Summer; buy whichever quality you feel appropriate; write its price and postage in my accounts, whether to send by sea mail or air. If there isn't much difference in postage, send it quickly by Air at your convenience; write "Christmas Present" on the parcel and fill out customs forms there in such a way that I don't face any trouble in customs here. Fine – so send only one shirt for me, and lastly —

Please take this trouble for me at your convenience. Thanks very much indeed.

Secondly — if there is any work here, do write — all friends are doing well; you must be receiving letters regularly from home —

— Fine then, I take leave — write all about your well-being —

Yours,

Ravindranath with affectionate memories...

A. G. Mehta

8, Woburn Mansions, Torrington Place, London, W.C.1.




To, Hamendra C. Parekh

Esq., B.E. 616, E. Daniel,

CHAMPAIGN, (Illinois), U.S.A.

 

8, Woburn Mansions, Torrington Place, London, W.C.1., 8th Dec '55.

 

પ્યારે હેમેન્દ્રભાઈ –

જત. તા. ૧ નો પત્ર મળ્યો વાંચી આનંદ — મારૂં સરનામું – હું ખોડો છું પણ મારા તમને ખૂબવર્ષાનિબંધી અને તમને મારા સર્વે શુભેચ્છાઓ.

વારૂ — તમારી બધી પ્રવૃત્તિ જાણી અત્યંત આનંદ થયો, તમારી જેવાં Scholar and social by nature ને કોઈ જગ્યાએ તકલીફ ન પડે એ સ્વાભાવિક. X'mas માં મિત્રો સાથે નવા સ્થળોએ ફરવા જવાના હશો.

સારૂં — નરેશ સંબંધી — મને ગયા વર્ષમાં એનો પત્ર હતો ; અને મને અહીં Manchester માં Textiles માટે તપાસ કરવા લખે છે ; કે કેમ ત્યાંથી આવતા વર્ષ માટે Application કરેલ છે ; મેં એને પ્રત્યુત્તર મોલ્યો, એ પછી મને તમારો પત્ર મળ્યો ; — તમે એને માટે Philadelphia Text. Inst. માં એડમીશન લીધું એ જાણી —

 

આનંદ — એમના પત્ર પછી હું એમને અહીં વિષે જણાવશ — Precisely, it's up to him how to act in this matter.

જગદીશભાઈનો થોડા સમયમાં ખુશાલીપૂર્વક પાઠવતો પત્ર હશે —

ત્યારે, મારાં Shirts સંબંધી — મારે માટે એક જ shirt મોકલશો (" COLL.) — 100% Dacron — White — કે બીજું વધારે Summer માં મોકલશો; તમને જે Quality યોગ્ય લાગે તેમ લેશો; એની કિંમત અને Postage મારાં Accounts માં લખશો, જે seamail or air થી મોકલવાના. Postage થી કંઈ ખાસ ફેર ન પડે તો Air થી જ ત્વરીત, તમારી સગવડતાએ મોકલશો; પાર્સલ પર X'mas Present અને ત્યાંના customs forms એવી રીતે લખશો કે મને અહીં customs માં કંઈ તકલીફ ન પડે. સારૂં – તો ફક્ત એક જ શર્ટ મારે માટે મોકલવાનું અને છેલ્લે —

તમારી અનુકૂળતાએ મારે માટે તકલીફ લેશો. Thanks very much indeed.

 

બીજું — અહીં નું કંઈ કામ કાજ હોય તો જરૂર લખશો — બધાં મિત્રો મજામાં છે તમને ઘેરથી નિયમિત રીતે પત્રો મળતાં હશે —

— સારું ત્યારે આઈએ — તમારી કુશળતા સર્વ લખી —

લિજ્ઞે: રવીન્દ્રનાથ સ્નેહસંભારણા...

 

A. G. Mehta, 8, Woburn Mansions, Torrington Place, London, W.C.1.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment