Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Thursday, 30 March 2017

NARESH - 02/08/1951

હેમેન્દ્રકુમાર ચુનીલાલ પારેખ,

૧૩૧, સ્ક્વેર હોસ્ટેલ,

વલ્લભ વિદ્યાનગર,

આણંદ.

 

 

૨૦, ગોખલે રોડ (નોર્થ)

૪થે માળે,

મુંબઈ ૨૮.

૨-૮-૫૧

 

પ્રિય મિત્ર,

તારો પત્ર શનિવારે મળ્યો વાંચ્યો, ઉમાના કરુણ મૃત્યુ વિષે જાણ્યું અને અડેવારની એ નાની ઉમા મારી નજર આગળ ખડી થઈ ગઈ. મૃત્યુ વખતે તો કદાચ ૫-૬ વર્ષની હશે પરંતુ મેં તો તેને ૨||-૩ વર્ષની હતી ત્યારે જોયેલી. અડેવાર આપણી સાથે તે પણ દરિયા કિનારે આવેલી અને પાછા ફરતી વખતે જ્યારે આપણાં ઘર પાસે છૂટા પડવાના હતાં તે વખતે ઉમાએ મારી સાથે આવવાનો આગ્રહ રાખેલો તે આખું દૃશ્ય અત્યારે પણ આંખ આગળ ખડું થાય છે. ખેર! પ્રભુની જેવી ઈચ્છા. ઝેર ઉતારવાના તો દરેકે પ્રયત્ન કર્યા જ હશે? ....

બીજું તારા પત્રથી જાણ્યું કે તેં મને ૪-૫ પત્રો લખ્યા છે પરંતુ મને તો ફક્ત તારું આ જ પોસ્ટકાર્ડ મળ્યું છે. તને પત્ર લખવાનો તો કેટલાય દિવસથી વિચાર કરતો પણ પત્ર ક્યાં લખવો એ પ્રશ્ન મૂંઝવતો.

પ્રવીણ મઝામાં હશે તેને પણ પત્ર લખવા જરૂર કહેજે. તેં તારા "ફોર્મ" ગ્લોબ ફાઇનાન્સ

 

ના કેટલા વહેંચ્યા તે જણાવજે મેં તો હજી ફક્ત એક જ ફોર્મ વહેંચ્યું છે.

દીનુભાઈ આફ્રીકા જવા માટે મુંબઈ આવ્યા ત્યારે દાદર સ્ટેશન પર સૌરાષ્ટ્ર મેલમાં જ તેમનો ભેટો થઈ ગયેલો અને બપોરે પણ ઘરે આવેલા મારું એડ્રેસ તેઓ લઈ ગયા છે હવે પત્રની રાહ જોઉં છું?

રાજુ તને કોઈ કોઈ વાર યાદ કરે છે તોફાન તો એટલા જ કર્યા કરે છે.

લિ. એજ

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hemendrakumar Chunilal Parekh

131, Square Hostel

Vallabh Vidyanagar

Anand

20, Gokhale Road (North)

4th Floor

Mumbai 28

2-8-51

Dear Friend,

Received your letter on Saturday and read it. Learned about Uma's tragic death, and little Uma from Adewar stood vividly before my eyes. At the time of her death, she was perhaps 5-6 years old, but I had seen her when she was 2½–3 years old. In Adewar, she had also come along with us to the seashore, and while returning, when we were about to part ways near our house, Uma had insisted on coming with me—that entire scene stands before my eyes even now. Well! Whatever is God's will. Everyone must have surely tried their best to drain/treat the poison? ....

Another thing—learned from your letter that you wrote 4–5 letters to me, but I received only this postcard of yours. I had been thinking of writing a letter to you for many days, but where to address the letter was the question troubling me.

Pravin must be doing well; do tell him to write a letter as well. Do let me know how many forms of "Globe Finance"

you distributed—I have distributed only one form so far.

When Dinubhai came to Mumbai to leave for Africa, I bumped into him on the Saurashtra Mail at Dadar station, and he also visited home in the afternoon. He took my address, and now I am waiting for his letter?

Raju remembers you sometimes; he keeps up his usual mischief/naughtiness.

That is all.

Yours


 




No comments:

Post a Comment