Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Sunday, 19 March 2017

BAPUJI - 12/02/1951

To. 

(1) Hon Minister Education - Rajkot 

(2) Director of Education - Rajkot 

(3) Deputy Secretary of Education Dept. - Rajkot 

(4) Hon Prime minister - Rajkot 

(5) Chief Secretary Saurashtra Govt - Rajkot 

(6) Hon Home minister - Rajkot


Earnestly Soliciting for proper inquiry and thorough investigation regarding Saurashtra Students applications invited by Australian Govt. have been timely forwarded to Central Govt. or unduly and or purposely detained by authorities concerned and thereby causing detriment to bright prospect of the deserved under present democratic regime.

[Interrogation under present democratic regime crossed out]

Chunilal Parekh

Signature: Chunilal Parekh Address: Vadia Date: 14/2/51

 

Letterhead Info: ...abray C. Parekh, L.L.B. / VADIA, (Saurashtra) / Opp. Post Office, 19...

તા. ૧૨-૨-૫૧ ૫, પ્રદ્યુમન લેઇબેલ રાજકોટ.

પૂ. પિતાશ્રી ની સેવામાં,

આપનાં કહ્યા મુજબ આજે શ્રી. અનંતભાઈ દવે ને મળવા ગયેલો. તેમણે Department માં પૂછતાજ કરતાં એમ ખબર મળ્યાં કે એ અરજીઓ ફક્ત અંડર ગ્રેજ્યુએટ અને પોસ્ટ ગ્રેજ્યુએટ માટેજ હતી. મેં અનંતભાઈ ને કીધું કે એવી કોઈ વસ્તુનો ઉલ્લેખ ફાઈલ માં અને ફોર્મ માં ક્યાંય નિર્દેશ નથી કર્યો. અને હાઈસ્કૂલનાં વિદ્યાર્થીઓ માટે પણ એમાં સગવડ છે. તો મેટ્રીક્યુલેટ ની તો શું વાત? એમણે કહ્યું કે શ્રી. ગિરધરભાઈ ને આ બાબતમાં અરજી કરો કે ખરી વસ્તુસ્થિતિ શું છે? એટલે અમે તમને તપાસ કરી જણાવીશું.

ત્યાંથી હું Ed. Dept. માં જઈ શ્રી. યાજ્ઞિક ને મળ્યો, અને મળતા પહેલાં Dept. માં પણ તપાસ કરાવી લીધી તો માલુમ પડ્યું કે એવી કોઈ શરત...

 

છે જ નહિ. મેટ્રીક્યુલેટ પણ અરજી કરી શકે. યાજ્ઞિક ને મળ્યો. તો એમણે કીધું કે એવી કોઈ નથી. પરંતુ તમે Inter માં first class હોવ તોજ અરજી કરો તો કંઈક હોંશ ગણાય. હજી આપણી તમારી foreign માં જવાની ઉંમર શું છે? એટલું callibar ક્યાં છે? તમારું Qualification શું છે? અને આ તો All India ની Competition છે, એમાં તમારી ગણતરી પણ ન થાય.

આ પ્રમાણે વાત કરી ત્યારે પછી મેં કીધું કે સાહેબ, all India ની નક્કી ગણતરી થશે કે નહિ એ પછી જોવાનું છે. ગવર્મેન્ટે એ નથી જોવાનું. વળી અહીં આ પ્રમાણે 'મેરીટ' છે. અને મને ખાતરી છે કે મારા 'મેરીટ' ની અને યોગ્યતાની કોઈ ના પાડી શકે તેમ નથી. અને મને પૂરી ખાતરી છે કે હું foreign માં સૌરાષ્ટ્ર નું પ્રતિનિધિત્વ બહુ સારી રીતે સાચવી શકીશ, અને મને લાગે છે કે આ રીતે અરજી મોકલાવી નથી એ યોગ્ય નથી થયું, અને હું કઈ રીતે Disqualified છું એ મને આપ બતાવશો?

તેમણે આ બધાનો કૈં સરખો જવાબ ન આપતાં વાત ઉડાવી દીધી. મને કીધું કે હું આ બાબતમાં વિચાર કરીશ, અને તમને જણાવીશ.

Letterhead Info: ...abray C. Parekh, L.L.B. / VADIA, (Saurashtra) / Opp. Post Office, 19...

-૨-

હવે મને નથી લાગતું કે એ હવે કૈં તપાસ કરી મોકલાવે. અને હવે મોકલાવે તો પણ બહુ મોડું થઈ જાય.

જ્યાં અરજીઓ મોકલવાની છે તેનું સરનામું હું આજકાલમાં મેળવીશ.

સેવામાં બટુક નાં પ્રણામ.

 

Letterhead Info: ...abray C. Parekh, L.L.B. / VADIA, (Saurashtra) / Opp. Post Office, તા. ૧૪-૨-૧૯૫૧

માનનીય શ્રી ગિરધરલાલભાઈ,

લિ. આજે આપશ્રીને મેં એક તાર કરેલ છે તે આપને મળી ગયો હશે. તત્સંબંધી રાજકોટથી વિદ્યાર્થીનો આવેલો પત્ર આપ સાથે આપશ્રી ને વાંચવા, વિચારવા, મનન કરવા અને યોગ્ય ન્યાય આપવા માટે બીડ્યો છે.

આ કિસ્સામાં વિદ્યાર્થીનાં ભાવિ ઉજ્જવળ જીવન માટે સાંપડતી અને સોનેરી તક ને છિન્નભિન્ન કરી નાખવાનો પ્રશ્ન ઉપસ્થિત થાય છે તો એમનો કેસ માર્યો ન જાય તે માટે ઘટતું કરી છૂટશો એવી મને ખાતરી છે. આપશ્રી ના જવાબ ની આશા રાખું છું.

આપનો ચુનીલાલ પારેખ નાં યથાયોગ્ય.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To,

(1) Hon Minister Education - Rajkot

(2) Director of Education - Rajkot

(3) Deputy Secretary of Education Dept. - Rajkot

(4) Hon Prime Minister - Rajkot

(5) Chief Secretary Saurashtra Govt - Rajkot

(6) Hon Home Minister - Rajkot

Earnestly Soliciting for proper inquiry and thorough investigation regarding Saurashtra Students applications invited by Australian Govt. have been timely forwarded to Central Govt. or unduly and or purposely detained by authorities concerned and thereby causing detriment to bright prospect of the deserved under present democratic regime.

(Interrogation under present democratic regime crossed out)

Chunilal Parekh

Signature: Chunilal Parekh

Address: Vadia

Date: 14/2/51

(Letterhead Info: ...abray C. Parekh, L.L.B. / VADIA, (Saurashtra) / Opp. Post Office, 19...)

Date: 12-2-51, 5, Pradyuman Label, Rajkot.

In the service of Respected Father,

As per your instructions, I went to meet Shri Anantbhai Dave today. Upon inquiring in the Department, he gathered information that those applications were only for undergraduate and post-graduate students. I told Anantbhai that no such thing was mentioned or indicated anywhere in the file or the form, and there are provisions even for high school students in it. So what to speak of a matriculate? He suggested, "Submit an application to Shri Girdharbhai regarding this matter asking what the true situation is, and then we will inquire and inform you."

From there, I went to the Education Department to meet Shri Yagnik, and before meeting him, I also had an inquiry made in the Department, whereupon it was found that no such condition...

exists at all. Matriculates can apply as well. I met Yagnik. So he said there is no such rule, "However, only if you are in the First Class in Inter and apply, would there be some expectation. After all, what is your age to go abroad right now? Where is that caliber? What is your Qualification? And this is an All-India Competition; you wouldn't even be counted in it."

When he spoke like this, I said, "Sir, whether there will be a definite All-India evaluation or not is a matter to be seen later. The Government isn't supposed to look at that now. Furthermore, here is the 'merit' like this. And I am confident that no one can deny my 'merit' and capability. I am fully confident that I will be able to represent Saurashtra very well abroad, and I feel that not forwarding the application in this manner was not right, and would you please show me in what way I am Disqualified?"

Without giving any proper answer to all this, he brushed the matter aside. He told me, "I will think about this matter and inform you."

(Letterhead Info: ...abray C. Parekh, L.L.B. / VADIA, (Saurashtra) / Opp. Post Office, 19...)

-2-

Now I don't think he will inquire and send anything further. And even if sent now, it would be too late. I will obtain the address where the applications are to be sent in a day or two.

Pranams from Batuk at your service.

(Letterhead Info: ...abray C. Parekh, L.L.B. / VADIA, (Saurashtra) / Opp. Post Office)

Date: 14-2-1951

Honorable Shri Girdharlalbhai,

From: I sent a telegram to your honor today, which you must have received. Related to that, a student's letter received from Rajkot is attached herewith for your reading, consideration, reflection, and for rendering appropriate justice.

In this instance, a situation arises where a golden opportunity presenting itself for a student's bright future is being destroyed; therefore, I am confident you will do the needful so that his case does not fall through. Hoping for your honor's reply.

Appropriate respects from Chunilal Parekh








No comments:

Post a Comment