Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Thursday, 30 March 2017

NARESH - 03/04/1951

To, Hemendrakumar C. Shah Parekh. 31, Patel Building, New Power House, RAJKOT (Saurastra)

 

મહેતા હાઉસ, ટાવર રોડ, સુરેન્દ્રનગર ૩-૪-'૫૧

 

પ્રિય હેમેન્દ્ર,

હમણાં જ તારો Proposal વાળો કાગળ મળ્યો છે વાંચી આનંદ થયો.

તારી Proposal આમ તો સારી છે અને મને માન્ય છે પરંતુ જગદીશકાકા એકલા આબુ તરફ જવાના નથી તેઓ સાથે તો બનતા સુધી ચાર પાંચ બીજા મિત્રો પણ હશે એટલે કદાચ તેઓ એક બે દિવસ માટે આ બાજુ નહિ આવે એમ મને તો લાગે છે.

બે દિવસ પહેલા મારા પૂજ્ય પિતાશ્રીનો પત્ર હતો કે તારા બધા મિત્રો તારા આવવાની ઈચ્છા જોઈ રહ્યા છે બહાર ફરવા જવાના છે. પરંતુ હજી કોઈ પણ મિત્રનો કે કાકાનો તે બાબતનો પત્ર નથી. મેં તો તારા પત્રથી જ જાણ્યું કે તેઓ આબુ તરફ જવાના છે.

હું હવે મારા પૂજ્ય પિતાશ્રીના કે જગદીશ કાકાના પત્રની રાહ જોઈને બેઠો છું તેઓનો

 

જે પ્રમાણે પત્ર આવશે તે પ્રમાણે હું કરીશ અને તને જણાવીશ. અત્યારે હું ~~પણ જગદીશકાકાને પત્ર લખીશ.~~

જગદીશકાકા અને બીજા મિત્રો ત્યાંથી ૧૨મીએ નીકળવાના છે તો તેઓ અમદાવાદ થઈને જશે તો આપણે અહીંથી ૧૨મીએ નીકળીએ અને ૧૩મીએ સવારે બધાને અમદાવાદ સ્ટેશને મળીએ તો તું અહીં ૧૦ કે ૧૧ તારીખે અહીં આવી જજે બે દિવસ અહીં રહેશું અને પછી સાથે જ જતા રહેશું. વિરેન્દ્રને પણ સાથે જરૂર લાવજે.

બીજું તે લખ્યું કે હું હોસ્ટેલમાં એડમીશન મળશે તો મુંબઈ આવીશ નહી તો નહી આવું. તો મારો તને આગ્રહ છે કે તું દાદર મારે ઘરે રહેજે અને ત્યાંજ અભ્યાસ કરજે મને પણ ઠીક રહેશે. વધુવાત હવે આઠ દિવસ પછી મળશું ત્યારે હાલ એજ

લી: નરેશ.

તા.ક. હું જગદીશને પત્ર નથી લખવાનો તો હવે તને જે કાંઈ પત્ર આપે તે મને જણાવજે

 

તો હું પણ તે પ્રમાણે કરીશ. પત્રનો જવાબ મારા જેમ તુરત લખજો.

નરેશ

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To:

Hemendrakumar C. Shah Parekh

31, Patel Building, New Power House

Rajkot (Saurashtra)

Mehta House, Tower Road, Surendranagar

Date: 3-4-'51

Dear Hemendra,

Just received your letter containing the proposal; was delighted to read it.

Your proposal is good in principle and acceptable to me, but Jagdishkaka is not going to Abu alone. Most probably, four or five other friends will also be accompanying him, so I feel they might not come towards this side for a day or two.

Two days ago, there was a letter from my respected father saying that all your friends are waiting for your arrival as they are going out for a trip. However, there is no letter from any friend or Kaka regarding that matter yet. It was only through your letter that I learned they are going towards Abu.

I am now sitting here waiting for a letter from my respected father or Jagdishkaka. Whatever

instructions arrive in their letter, I will act accordingly and inform you. Right now, I ~~will also write a letter to Jagdishkaka.~~

Jagdishkaka and the other friends are leaving from there on the 12th. If they go via Ahmedabad, then if we leave from here on the 12th and meet everyone at Ahmedabad station on the morning of the 13th, you should arrive here on the 10th or 11th. We will stay here for two days and then leave together. Do bring Virendra along without fail.

Another thing—you wrote that if you get admission in the hostel, you will come to Mumbai, otherwise you won't. My insistence to you is that you stay at my house in Dadar and study right there; it will suit me well too. Further details when we meet after eight days. That's all for now.

Yours,

Naresh

P.S. I am not writing a letter to Jagdish, so do inform me about whatever letter he sends to you so that I can also act accordingly. Do write back a reply to the letter immediately, just as I do.

Naresh





No comments:

Post a Comment