Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Tuesday, 28 February 2017

CHANDA BEN - 28/07/1956

Hemendra Parekh. 4835, S. Martindale, Detroit. 4. (Mich).

 

મંદાબેન  90 Bhogilal C. Shah, 2/3 Bhajantilal Lohia Lane,

 HOWRAH West Bengal INDIA.

 

...અહીં મોક્ષ છે? રશિયા તરફથી શાંતિ? ... ક્યારે ભાગી જવાનો વિચાર આવે છે. એક પત્ર તો મેં આજ કર્યું છે. બહેનને પૂછી જોજો... "હું કાયર છું કુટુંબનો વિરોધ મારાથી કોઈ શકાતો નથી અને એટલે જ આત્મસમર્પણ કરી દઉં છું - અને કદાચ પાછા વળી આખું..." ...

... કુટુંબના આવા જ સમાચારો મળતા રહેશે તો કદાચ મને પણ સત્ય બની જશે. – કાયર છું એટલે ગુસ્સો પણ મનમાં વધારે છે... કુટુંબમાં સૌને ધમકી આપું... આ પ્રશ્ન નહીં રહે તો આત્મહત્યા કરીશ. પણ શું ફાયદો? ... સૌ ભૂલી ગયા તેમ મને પણ ભૂલી જઈ શકે...

... બહેન! હું ખૂબ દૂર લખતો હોઈશ. પણ અત્યારે આ લખું છું ત્યારે પણ આંખમાંથી આંસુ આવ્યા જાય છે પણ કોઈ પણ રીતે ફેરફાર થઈ નથી. – ઉમા તમને હું નથી ભૂલ્યો મને ત્યારે જ યાદ કરું છું...

... જીવનમાં દુઃખ ખૂબ ભરેલું છે તે સત્ય છે પણ જો સુખની કોઈ કોઈ કિરણો પણ હોત તો શું બદલાઈ જાત? હું અહીં "World's Religions" નામની ચોપડી વાંચું છું. પહેલીવાર તારો પત્ર વાંચ્યા બાદ તુરત જ 'બુદ્ધ ધર્મ' નું પ્રકરણ ખોલી ભગવાન તથાગત ને અધિકારના "ત્રણ મહાન સત્યો" વાંચ્યા...

... ત્યાં સુધી મિસ્ટર બહેન! તબિયત સારી છે, પરંતુ મારા હૃદયને પવિત્ર અને શુદ્ધ રાખવા ક્યારો પ્રભુ પાસે પ્રાર્થના છે. તમારા સૌની કુશળતા ચાહું છું.

હિતેન્દ્ર

 

4835, S. Martindale, Detroit. 4. (Mich) USA. July 28th '56

 

પ્રિય મંદાબહેન,

તમારો અને બહેનનો પત્ર મળ્યો ખૂબ આશાઓ સાથે ખોલ્યો, પરંતુ વાંચીને આંખમાંથી બે-ચાર આંસુ પડી ગયા... પ્રભુની ઈચ્છા મને ભૂખ્યો રાખવાની નહીં હોય તે ઘરધણીયાણી મમ્મી સોડાની Rice Pudding લઈ ને આવ્યા... તે દિવસથી માંડી આજસુધીમાં તમારો પત્ર ફરી વાંચવાનો ઘણીવાર વિચાર કર્યો પણ હિંમત ન ચાલી...

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hemendra Parekh. 4835, S. Martindale, Detroit. 4. (Mich).

Mandaben 90 Bhogilal C. Shah, 2/3 Bhajantilal Lohia Lane,

HOWRAH West Bengal INDIA.

...Is there salvation here? Peace from Russia's side? ... When does the thought of running away come? I have written one letter today. Do ask Sister... "I am a coward, I cannot oppose the family's wishes/opposition, and that is why I am surrendering myself — and perhaps turning back, the entire..." ...

...If such news continues to be received from the family, perhaps it will become reality for me as well. – Because I am a coward, there is also more anger inside my mind... I give threats to everyone in the family... If this issue is not resolved, I will commit suicide. But what is the use? ... Just as everyone forgot, they can forget me as well...

...Sister! I must be writing from very far away. But even right now as I write this, tears keep flowing from my eyes, but no change is happening in any way. – Uma, I haven't forgotten you; only then do I remember you...

...It is true that life is full of immense sorrow, but if there were even a few rays of happiness, would things have changed? Here I am reading a book named "World's Religions". For the first time, immediately after reading your letter, I opened the chapter on 'Buddhism' and read the "Three Great Truths" of Lord Tathagata's authority...

...Until then, Mr. Sister! Health is good, but there is a prayer to God at every moment to keep my heart pure and sacred. Wishing for the well-being of all of you.

Hitendra

4835, S. Martindale, Detroit. 4. (Mich) USA. July 28th '56

Dear Mandabahen,

Received yours and Sister's letter; opened it with high hopes, but upon reading it, a few tears fell from my eyes... God's wish must not have been to keep me hungry, so the landlady, Mama Soda, brought Rice Pudding... From that day until today, I thought many times of reading your letter again, but couldn't summon the courage...





No comments:

Post a Comment