Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Thursday, 9 February 2017

BOTADRA - 19/10/1951

Himantry C. Parikh Suray Para, Near P.O. Wadia (Saurashtra)

 પ્રિય ભાઇશ્રી હેમેન્દ્ર,

આ સાથે તમને લખેલું અને પરીક્ષાની ધમાલમાં રહી ગયેલું પોસ્ટ-કાર્ડ બીડું છું. તમે તો ભાઇ અજબ માયા લગાડી છે. સ્વપ્નો મુંબઇ આવી મળી ગયા. હવે ખાંડ ક્યારે આપો છો? મળવા માટે દિલ દહાડે દહાડે જોર પકડતું જાય છે. ચાલ્યા નથી મારત્યે હો! સત્ય લખું છું.

પેપર્સમાં ગુજરાતી - ઇંગ્લીશ તથા મેથ્સના સારા ગયા છે. બાકી 'કેમેસ્ટ્રી' માં રાય વાગવાથી 'confuse' થયું તેથી ફિઝીક્સ નું પેપર દીધા વગર ચાલ્યો આવ્યો. આ સિદ્ધાંત છે - એકંદર મને પોતાને ધરપત તો છે જ. સેકન્ડ ક્લાસ પાસ થવું છે. અત્યારે 'co-ordinate' ના 'Extra classes' ચાલે છે. રવિવાર સુધી ચાલશે. 'circle' પૂરી કરી

 

બંધ થશે. બાકી ખાસ નવા વર્ષે તમે ખૂબ લાંબો પત્ર (ઉત્તર) લખશો જેથી વાગોળતા થાકું નહિ. 'સાહિત્ય પ્રવૃત્તિ' કૃતિ હોય તો જરૂર મોકલશો. આનંદ થશે. બાકી બધાને જરૂર સંભળાવશો. પત્ર તુરત લખશો.

યો જ હે: હિમેન્દ્રના સ્નેહ સંસ્મરણો

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hemendra C. Parikh

Suraj Para, Near P.O., Wadia (Saurashtra)

Dear Brother Hemendra,

Enclosed herewith is the postcard that was written to you earlier but remained unsent in the hustle and bustle of exams. Brother, you have woven quite an extraordinary spell over me—dreams of coming to Mumbai and meeting have arrived. Now when are you distributing sweets (Khand)? The heart's desire to meet grows stronger day by day. I am not exaggerating, mark my words! I am writing the plain truth.

As for the exam papers: Gujarati, English, and Maths went well. However, in Chemistry, hitting a snag (Rai vagvathi) caused confusion, so I walked away without even giving the Physics paper. This is a matter of principle—overall, I do have confidence in myself. I aim to pass in Second Class.

Currently, extra classes for Coordinate Geometry are going on. They will run until Sunday, and will conclude once the Circle topic is completed.

Otherwise, on the New Year, do write a very long letter (reply) so that I never tire of reading and re-reading it (Vagolta). If you have created any literary work (Sahitya Pravrutti), do send it along; it will bring much joy.

Do convey my regards to everyone else. Write back immediately.

— With loving memories from Hemendra [Himat]





No comments:

Post a Comment