To, Hemendra Chunibhai Parikh
Room No. 86. Square Hostel Vidya Nagar Anand.
પ્રિય
ભાઈશ્રી,
જરાય
ખોટું ન લગાડશો. તમારો
કે મારો કોઈનો રતી
માત્ર પણ દોષ નથી.
એકાદ મહિના પહેલાં તમને જરા ખખડાવીને
પત્ર લખેલ તે તમને
મળ્યો હોય તેમ લાગ્યું
નહિ. મેં એ પત્ર
પોસ્ટ કર્યો તે દિવસે જ
તમારો પત્ર મળેલ. ખેર
જે થયું તે ખરું.
કાલે પત્ર લખવા બેઠો
તો પેન ફૂટી અને
ન લખ્યો ત્યાં તો આજે તમારો
પત્ર મળ્યો. તમારી ત્યાં મારી એકબીજાને મળવાની
લાગણી તીવ્ર બનતી જાય છે
પણ જેમ જેમ તે
તીવ્ર બને છે તેમ
સંજોગો પ્રતિકૂળ બનતાં જાય છે. કારણ
મેં હવે અત્યારથી છોડી
નોકરી કરવાનું નક્કી કર્યું હોવાથી દેશમાં આવવાનો જ નથી! ખેર.
વધારે લાંબા સમયે મળશું તો
મળશું ત્યારે વધારે સુખ થશે. મારાં
પેપર્સ તો સારાં ગયાં
છે નહિતર કે 'મેટ્રિક'. 'મેટ્રિક'માં સો માર્કસ
ત્યાં હતા તે સહેલાઈથી
આવી જશે એવા ફાંફામાં
રહેવાથી હવે પંદરેક માર્કસ
ઘટવાની વકી છે. માણસનો
'અહમ્' તેનું પતન કેમ કરે
છે તે હવે જોવા
મળશે. મને એમજ હતું
કે હું તો
નાપાસ
થયો નથી અને થઈશ
નહિ. ખેર! હવે ૧૫મી
એ અને શુક્રવાર બપોરે
૧૨ વાગ્યે ખબર પડશે. બાકીના
પેપર્સમાં ૪૫ ટકા માર્કસની
આશા છે. એટલે કદાચ
પાંચ માર્કસ 'કોન્ડોન' માં મળે. હવે
તો જોવાનું જ રહ્યું. પ્રેક્ટીકલ
૧૧ તથા ૧૨મી ના
રોજ છે. ફીઝીકલ ગોડર
ખરો. કેમેસ્ટ્રીમાં મધ્ધમ જેવો ફાંફો છે.
મારી ભાષા તો સમજાય
છે ને? બે વર્ષ
સાચું રહ્યો પણ શુદ્ધ કાઠીયાવાડી
છોડી શકતો નથી. મિત્ર
મંડળ માંથી ટકોર ઘણી થાય
છે.
છ
રતલ વજન ગુમાવ્યું. હવે
પાછું મેળવવાનું રહ્યું. વજન ખાલી ૧૧૬
રતલ છે. દેશમાંથી આવ્યો
ત્યારે ૧૨૩ હતું. પરીક્ષા
વખતે ૧૧૭, ૧૧૬.
તમારી
તબિયત તો બિલકુલ સારી
હશે. નવરાશમાં મેં તો ચશ્માં
પણ લીધાં. નહિ કે 'Personality' પાડવા.
પણ ડાબીના નંબર -૧.૫ તથા
જમણીના - ૨.૦ હતા
તેથી. ફ્રેમ વાપરવા જેવી છે.
રૂા.
૨૭ આપ્યા
તમો
આંહિ ન આવો? B.Sc થઈ
શું કરશો? તમે ધાર્યું છે
શું? હજી રોતવાનો સમય
છે. આંહિ આવો તો
નિરાંતે દિલ ખોલી વાતો
થાય. આંહિ આવો આપણા
બંને સર્વિસ ગોતીએ અને એકડે એકથી
શરૂ કરીએ એટલે કે
'F.Y. Arts' માં દાખલ થઈએ ઇંગ્લીશ
અને સંસ્કૃત રાખીએ.
વિચાર
કરી જોજો. પછી મરજી. આજ
કાલ B.Sc તો સૌ થાય
છે. B.Sc. Tec. થાય તો ઠીક
છે. બાકી તો કાંઈ
અર્થ નથી. એકવાર આંહિ
આવો તો મજા આવે.
ધિરેન્દ્રને
યાદી. સૌરાષ્ટ્ર જાય ત્યારે તેને
મારા વતી પણ નમન
કરજો. (સૌરાષ્ટ્ર ને). પત્ર જરૂર
લખશો. એજ જ્ઞાન.
હિમતના
સ્નેહસ્મરણ
Himat Botalia 2/21 Sharda Chawl,
Lamington Rd. Topiwala Lane, Grant Rd. Bombay 7.
To, Hemendra Chunibhai Parikh, Room No. 86. Square Hostel, Vidya Nagar, Anand.
Dear Brother,
Please do not feel hurt/offended at all. There is not a single atom of fault on either your part or mine. About a month ago, I wrote a somewhat firm/scolding letter to you, but it didn't seem to have reached you. On the very day I posted that letter, I received yours. Well, whatever happened is fine. Yesterday when I sat down to write a letter, the pen leaked and I didn't write, and then today I received your letter. Over there, our mutual desire to meet each other is growing intense, but as it grows intense, circumstances are becoming adverse. Because I have now decided to quit working a job from this moment on, I will not be coming to the native place at all! Well, if we meet after a longer time, the joy will be greater when we do meet.
My papers went well, otherwise it would be 'Metric' [Matriculation]. Having lived in the illusion that those 100 marks were easily achievable in 'Metric', there is now a likelihood of falling short by about fifteen marks. How a person's 'ego' causes his fall will now be seen. I simply assumed that I...
...have never failed and never will. Well! Now news will be known on the 15th, on Friday at 12 o'clock in the afternoon. In the remaining papers, I hope for 45 percent marks, so perhaps five marks might be given in 'condonation'. Now it remains to be seen. Practicals are on the 11th and 12th. Physical is good enough. In Chemistry, there is a moderate kind of struggle.
Is my language understandable to you? Even after staying for two years, I cannot leave pure Kathiawadi. Remarks/teasing happen a lot within the circle of friends.
Lost 6 pounds of weight. Now it remains to regain it. Weight is only 116 pounds. When I came from the native place, it was 123. During exams, 117, 116.
Hope your health is completely good. In my spare time, I even got eyeglasses. Not to show off 'Personality', but because the left eye had a number of -1.5 and the right eye -2.0. The frame is worth using; paid ₹27.
Why don't you come here? What will you do after completing B.Sc.? What have you envisioned? There is still time to reflect/pivot. If you come here, we can talk at leisure with open hearts. Come here, let's both look for jobs and start from scratch—meaning let's enroll in 'F.Y. Arts' [First Year Arts] and take English and Sanskrit.
Do think over it; then as you wish. Nowadays, everyone becomes a B.Sc. If one becomes a B.Sc. Tech., that is fine; otherwise, there is no meaning to it. Once you come here, it will be enjoyable.
Regards to Dhirendra. When he goes to Saurashtra, pay respects (to Saurashtra) on my behalf as well. Do write a letter without fail. That's all.
Affectionate remembrances from Himat
Himat Botalia
2/21 Sharda Chawl, Lamington Rd.





No comments:
Post a Comment