Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 13 February 2017

BOTADRA - 30/06/1953

To, Hemendra - C. Parikh 53, Engineering Hostel P.O. Vallabh Vidyanagar via Anand.

 

મુંબઇ તા. ૩૦-૬-૫૩.

પ્રિય ભાઇશ્રી હેમેન્દ્ર, તમારો પત્ર મળ્યો વાંચી ઘણીજ શાન્તિ— તમારો પત્ર વહેલો અગર મોડો આવે તો પણ મને કાંઈ તમારો દોષ હોય એવું લાગે જ નહિ, વહેલો આવે તો સારૂ એમ દિલમાં રહ્યા કરે ખરૂં. હું તો તમને પત્ર વખતસર લખીશ. પણ હમણાં ન લખ્યો તેનું કારણ બહુજ દુઃખદ છે. તમને વાંચીને જાણે વીજળી પડી તેમ થશે. મારા પૂ. પિતા અચાનક (હાર્ટ-ફેઇલ) અવસાનથી હું શું શું નહિ એ કાંઈ જ નક્કી કરી શકતો નથી. તેઓ ૨૭મી મેની વહેલી સવારે ત્રણ વાસી થયા ત્યારે અમે બે ભાઇઓ મંરિ હતા— ભાઇ લાલજી મારી બહેનને તેડવા ગયો હતો તેથી તે પણ તે દિવસેજ બપોરના આવ્યા. ફક્ત મારા એડે સીનુભાઇ, બા, અને દાદા એ લોકોજ પાસે હતા. તેઓ ફક્ત એટલુંજ બોલ્યા કે છાતીમાં દુખે છે અને નાડ તુટે છે માટે મારૂં શરીર દાબો અને બે મીનીટમાં જ ચાલ્યા ગયા. હેમેન્દ્ર, મને શું થાય છે તે કેમ લખું? શું કરું? પ્રભુ એ શું ધાર્યું હશે? ખેર! જેમ તેમ કરી હિંમત રાખી રહ્યા છીએ. મારા પૂ. પિતાશ્રીનો સ્વભાવ, એની લાગણી, એની મીઠી

 

વાણી એના બધા સંસ્મરણ નજર સામે આવ્યા કરે છે. અને રડવું સોચીને દબાઇ રહ્યા કરીએ છીએ. મારી માટે તો ફક્ત એ એક જ આશરાનું મોટું સ્થાન હતું. ગમે તેવી ભૂલો કરીએ પણ તેઓએ કદી પણ ઉધાર દીલે માફી જ આપી હોય. એમને સર્વ લોકો સાથે એવો મેપ હતો કે આપણે હવે શું કરીએ. આપણા કોઈ ઉપાય નથી.

તમારી તબિયત સારી હશે? તમે આ વર્ષ પસાર કરો તેવી મારી ઇચ્છા છે. રૂબરૂ ક્યારે મળીશું ઘણું થવાનું મન છે પણ હવે પછી ક્યારે પણ જરૂર લખશો. છેલ્લા અંકે માસ્તર દેરામાં હતી. હમણાં અંકે આવી ગયો છું. દાસ અનુજ.

લિ: હિમતલાલ પરસોતમદાસના પ્રણામ

 

Botadra 3/58 Sharda chawl Topiwala Lane, Lamington Rd. Bombay 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To, Hemendra - C. Parikh

53, Engineering Hostel

P.O. Vallabh Vidyanagar via Anand.

Mumbai, Date: 30-6-53 [June 30, 1953]

Dear Brother Hemendra,

Received your letter; reading it brought much peace—whether your letter arrives early or late, I never feel that there is any fault on your part; though in my heart, I always wish for it to arrive early. I will write to you in a timely manner. But the reason I haven't written recently is deeply painful. Reading it will feel to you as if lightning has struck.

Due to the sudden passing (heart failure) of my respected father, I am unable to decide what to do or what not to do. When he passed away in the early morning of May 27th at three o'clock, we two brothers were away... Brother Lalji had gone to fetch my sister, so he also arrived only in the afternoon of that day. Only my elder brother Sinubhai, Ba, and Dada were by his side. He only said that his chest was hurting and his pulse was weakening, so press my body, and within two minutes, he was gone.

Hemendra, how do I write what is happening to me? What should I do? What must God have intended? Well! Somehow, keeping courage, we are holding on. My respected father's nature, his affection, his sweet...

...words, all those memories keep coming before my eyes. And suppressing the urge to weep, we carry on. For me, he was the single greatest pillar of support. No matter what mistakes we made, he always forgave us with a generous heart. He had such a bond with everyone that... what can we do now? We have no control over it.

Hope your health is good? My wish is that you clear/pass this year. When will we meet in person? I desire so much for it to happen, but do write whenever possible hereafter. In the last installment, Master was in the temple. Currently, I have come to the center/installment.

— Respectful greetings from Himatlal Parsottamdas (Das Anuj)

Botadra

3/58 Sharda Chawl, Topiwala Lane,

 






No comments:

Post a Comment