Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Tuesday, 14 February 2017

CHANDA BEN - 27/07/1954

नाम Hemendra Parekh.

पता 28-B Engineering Hostel

डाकखाना Vallabh vidhyanagar

ज़िला  Anand

 

તા 29.7.54

મંગળવાર

પ્રિય ભાઈ હેમેન,

તને તું ફર્સ્ટ ક્લાસ પાસ થયો તેના અભિનંદનનો તારા જુના સરનામે પત્ર લખેલ પણ તને મળેલ લાગતો નથી.

પુ. બેનને ત્યાં તુરતના સાત થઈને બાબો આવ્યો એક દિવસ રહી ગુજરી ગયો છે. હું હમણાં પુ. બેનને ત્યાં જ છું છેલ્લા દસ દિવસથી. બેનની તબિયત એકદમ સારી છે.

તારે તો છેલ્લું વર્ષ છે એટલે ખુબ જ વાંચવાનું તથા પ્રેક્ટીકલ રહેતું હશે.

હું દિવાળીમાં આ તરફ આવવાનો છું એ ખબર મળ્યા પહેલા જ મેં તને મારા આગલા પત્રમાં આમંત્રણ આપી દીધેલ છે. તો જરુર આવવાનું રાખજે. મારે જોવાનું તો નોરતામાં જ હોય છે પણ એ સમયે તમને રજા મળે કે ન મળે

 

પણ તમે બધા જો એ વખતે આવી શકો તો બંગાળીઓનું મોટું પર્વ જોઈ શકો.

બીજા શું ખબર છે? તાર તરફથી ત્યાંથી કોઈ જ પત્ર લખ્યો નથી.

ભાનુબેનને ત્યાં બધા મજામાં હશે. સૌને યાદી આપજે. અને દેવી ઘરમાથ ક્યારે આવવાની છે એ વાતવાતમાં પુછી લેજે.

પત્ર લખજે.

જયાદીના નમસ્કાર


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Hemendra Parekh

Address: 28-B Engineering Hostel

Post Office: Vallabh Vidhyanagar

District: Anand

Date: 29.7.54 [July 29, 1954]

Tuesday

Dear Brother Hemen,

I sent a congratulatory letter to your old address for passing with First Class, but it seems you have not received it.

At Respected Sister's place, a baby boy was born after seven... but passed away after one day. I am currently at Respected Sister's place for the last ten days. Sister's health is completely fine.

Since this is your final year, you must have a lot of reading and practical work.

I learned that you are coming to this side during Diwali, but before getting that news, I had already invited you in my previous letter. So definitely make sure to come. For me, the things to see are during Navratri/Norata, but whether you get leave/vacation at that time or not...

...if all of you can come at that time, you can witness the biggest festival of the Bengalis [Durga Puja].

What other news? No letter has been written from your end from over there.

Everyone at Bhanubahen's place must be doing well. Give my regards to everyone. And casually ask when Devi is coming home from...

Do write a letter.

— Respectful greetings from Jayadi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 




No comments:

Post a Comment