Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Tuesday, 14 February 2017

CHANDA BEN - 01/06/1950

મિલાપ જરુર તાર થોડા મળી ગયો છે. તને ૫૦ રૂા૦ ઇનામ મળ્યું એથી બધાને આનંદ થયો છે, હવે તો તે પણ વાપરવામાં આવી જરોબર થઈ જઇશ, હું માનું છું કે થોડાક રૂપીયો ઘટશે, પણ એ તો ગમે ત્યાંથી મળી શકેશે, નહીતર હું મોકલી આપીશ, બીજું તારી પાસે મંગાવેલ વસ્તુઓ

 

વસ્તુઓમાંથી શાહીનો ખડીયો ખોટો કરી નાખજે અને તેને બદલે "CALCIUM SANDOZ" ટીકડી ની ડબ્બી મોકલજે, પૈસા ઘટે તો હમણાં તારી પાસેથી વાપરજે, અહાં આવીશ ત્યારે આપી દઇશ, વસ્તુઓ શું શું લાવવાની છે એ યાદ છે કે ફરી નીચે લખું ૨

નવટાંક બદામ ૦ાશે. દ્રાક્ષ (crossed out) ૦ાશે. ચારોળી (crossed out) કેલ્શીયમ સેનડોઝ પેડ નં ૨

ગાનુ ભણતો હશે, યાદી આપજે, પુષ્પાબેન આવી ગયા છે, તમારી તબાયત સારી હશે, રાત્રે બાજુની વથા બાની રૂમ સોંપાયેલ છે, ચિંતા

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the English translation of the Gujarati letter, maintaining the original layout, structure, and tone, while preserving incomplete or fragmented phrasing where present in the handwritten original:

Milap's telegram was indeed received. Everyone was happy that you received the ₹50 prize/reward; now that too will be spent and equalized. I believe a few rupees might fall short, but those can be managed from anywhere, or else I will send them.

Another thing: among the items requested from you—

—cancel the inkpot from the items, and send a box of "CALCIUM SANDOZ" tablets instead. If money falls short, use yours for now; I will reimburse you when you come here. Do you remember what items to bring, or should I write them below again?

  • 1/16 seer (navtank) almonds

  • 1/2 seer raisins (crossed out)

  • 1/2 seer chironji / charoli (crossed out)

  • Calcium Sandoz

  • Writing Pad No. 2

Ganu must be studying, give my regards. Pushpabahen has arrived. Hope your health is good. At night, the adjacent room... Ba's room has been handed over, [do not] worry...




No comments:

Post a Comment