Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Sunday, 2 April 2017

JAGDISH SHAH - 30/08/1950

20 Gokhale Road (N) Dadar Bombay 28 Dated 30th August, 1950.

My dear Harendra, [29th August, 1950] Received your letter yesterday. I was much pleased to receive the letter which I didn't expect so soon.

From what day you have learned to express in such a fine expression which didn't even strike me before. I hope you will write in the same language. You should never expect any girls from my class to be heroine as I am a hero. Though I am much popular in the bevy of girls, I don't want to get mixed up. Out of eight girls five of them [joining some friendship with her] know us very well. One of them is my maternal uncle's daughter. One Gujarati of Karachi and 2 Punjabis and the last but the first of the list - Parsee.

The last one which I mentioned will be laughing whenever you see her.

 

I am not fortunate to have a type as you have it. When did you learn typing? From the type I can at least say that you are the beginner. Am I so right or not? Tomorrow [30th] we are going to Metro to see our "Kismet" in English language there. You might be fortunate to see pictures. Here I do not get time to see it. Now there are about seven pictures which I considered to be best. How many girl friends you have? There is N.C.C. in our college. [as you have] Last Saturday N.C.C. gave salute to C-in-C General Cariappa on the Brabourne Stadium.

I am ashamed to give you my S.S.F. marks. I congratulate you for obtaining the highest marks in English and double congratulate for getting a award which you deserved it.

A fortnight ago we had a programme in Gujarati in college named "Ranjan Sandhya" in which the comedian LOBAN presided. There was a fine support from both the sexes.

 

I hope you understand sexes after studying something of zoology. When do I expect you in Bombay? You'll have to put yourself on my address when you come here. I don't want any such foolish excuse [as I have heard] I have an idea of coming there, but my daddy being alone I can't come there. And He is not feeling well. This is the longest letter that I have written to any one in my whole life. About my friends abroad, they do not answer me or they might not have received the letter. There aren't any fine address during the last month and before.

I hope you will keep this type of correspondence for ever. Good-bye, and G.O. Expecting your reply within Sunday, 3rd of September 1950.

The date mentioned previously is not right so please correct it? [it should be 29th] Thank you, yours Jagdish J. Shah 29-8/50 PT.O

 

The letter I am writing is at the time when the watch shows half past seven P.M. And posting it on 30th August, 1950. Yours Jagdish J. Shah

I am glad that your elder brother has gone to London. When you are expecting yourself in London or some other foreign place. Jagdish J. Shah

 





No comments:

Post a Comment