Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Saturday, 21 January 2017

PARIMAL CHITALIA- 09/06/1956

 Hemendra C. Parekh B.E.

~~1008 W. ILLINOIS~~ ~~URBANA (Ill.)~~ ~~U.S.A.~~

4835, S-Martindale Detroit, 4 Michigan

 

153A, Gandhi Bhuvan Ghodbunder Road Vileparle B’bay 24 D. 9-6-56

પ્રિય ભાઈ હેમેન્દ્ર, તારું લગ્નનું કાર્ડ મળ્યું અને પત્રમાં લખેલ કવિતા પણ મળી. તું ફાઇન છે એ જાણી સંતોષ થયો. પત્રનો જવાબ તો તુરત જ લખ્યો હોત પણ શાસ્ત્રીએ મારું રીઝલ્ટ આવે એટલે જવાબ માટે લખ્યો છે. રીઝલ્ટમાં તો ઓકટોબરમાં આણંદની મુલાકાત લેવાનું નક્કી થયું છે. છ મહિના વધારે થોભવું પડશે.

બીજું મારા પુ. પિતાશ્રીને લગ્નના બીજે દિવસે Heart attack આવેલ એટલે તેમની પાસે જ રહેવું પડે છે એટલે વખત મળતો નથી.

હું લગ્નમાં ન આવી શક્યો તે સમજી શકાય તેમ છે. તારી ખોટ ખુબ સાલી હતી અને આનંદના પત્રો મોડા પણ મોડે જ આવેલ (નહીં) એટલે વધારે લાગ્યું. તારા ભાભી મજામાં છે અને આજે સવારના તેનું Result આવી ગયું છે. તે B.A. માં II class માં પાસ થયેલ છે. તને ફોટાઓ મોકલવા માટે વચન આપેલ પણ મોકલ્યા નથી એટલે એમ લાગશે કે હું ભૂલી ગયો

 

 

હોઈશ પણ તેવું નથી. લગ્ન પછીના ફોટાઓ પડાવ્યા છે પણ હજુ આવ્યા નથી એટલે આવતા પત્રમાં જરૂર મોકલીશ. આચાર્ય લગ્ન થવા તેને ગામ ગયો છે તે હજુ આવ્યો નથી પણ હવે એક બે દિવસમાં આવી જશે.

વિગતવાર પત્ર શા માટે લખવાનો છે અને તારે શાની વિગતો જોઈએ છે તે લખજે એટલે વિગતવાર લખીશ. અત્યાર સુધીના લગ્ન પછીના મારા અનુભવ પરથી લાગે છે કે તારા ભાભીથી પુરેપુરો સંતોષ પામેલ છું અને આગળ ઉપર પણ તેના તરફથી મને પૂરો સહકાર મળશે તેમ લાગે છે. બાકી તો એક બીજાને અનુકુળ થઈને રહેવું એમ જ જીવનની સફળતા રહેલી છે. બધા મિત્રો તને યાદ કરે છે, પત્રનો જવાબ લખજે.

લી. પરીમલના જય ભારત

 

P. S. Chitalia

153 A, Gandhi Bhuvan,

Ghodbunder Road,

Vile parle

B'bay 24

INDIA.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hemendra C. Parekh B.E.

1008 W. ILLINOIS URBANA (Ill.) U.S.A.

4835, S-Martindale Detroit, 4 Michigan

153A, Gandhi Bhuvan Ghodbunder Road Vileparle B'bay 24

Date: 9-6-56

Dear Brother Hemendra,

Received your wedding card and also received the poem written in your letter. Was satisfied to know that you are doing fine. I would have replied to the letter immediately, but Shastri told me to reply after my results came out. In the results, it has been decided that I will visit Anand in October. Will have to wait six months longer.

Secondly, my respected father suffered a heart attack the day after the wedding, so I have to stay by his side and am not getting much time.

It is understandable that I couldn't attend the wedding. Your presence was greatly missed, and since letters from Anand arrived late (or didn't come), it felt even more pronounced. Your Bhabhi is doing well, and her result came out this morning. She passed her B.A. in the Second Class. I had promised to send you photographs but haven't sent them yet, so it might seem like I forgot...

...but that is not the case. Photographs were taken after the wedding, but they haven't arrived yet, so I will definitely send them in the next letter. Acharya went to his hometown for his wedding and hasn't returned yet, but should be back in a day or two.

Do write why you need a detailed letter and what specific details you require, so that I can write in detail. Based on my experience after marriage so far, I feel completely content with your Bhabhi, and it seems I will get full cooperation from her in the future as well. Otherwise, the success of life lies in adapting to one another. All friends remember you; do reply to the letter.

Yours, Jay Bharat from Parimal

P. S. Chitalia

153 A, Gandhi Bhuvan,

Ghodbunder Road,

Vile Parle

B'bay 24

INDIA.







No comments:

Post a Comment