Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Friday, 20 January 2017

MAHENDRA MEGHANI - 30/09/1950


શ્રી હેમેન્દ્ર પારેખ,

પ્રદ્યુમ્નસિંહ હોસ્ટેલ (રૂમ ૫)

પેલેસ રોડ,

રાજકોટ (સૌરાષ્ટ્ર)

 

નોર્થ ગુજરાત : મુંબઈ : ૩૦/૯/૫૦

 

પ્રિય ભાઈ હેમેન્દ્ર

તારો કાગળ મળ્યો એસ.એસ.સી.માં અંગ્રેજીમાં તને સૌથી વધુ માર્ક્સ મળ્યાના ખબર વાંચી ઘણો આનંદ થયો. પણ તેનું ઈનામ ફક્ત ૫૦ રૂપિયા જ! ૫૮૦૦૦ છોકરાઓનો ૧-૧ આનો ગણીએ તોય ત્રણ હજાર રૂપિયા ઉપર થઈ જાય ! સંચાલકો આટલામાં આછું આપણું જ લઈ લે.

 

તારે માટે સંયુક્ત રાષ્ટ્રસંસ્થા વિશેનું થોડું સાહિત્ય હું શનિવારે રજિસ્ટરથી મોકલીશ એમ લખવાનો હતો. પણ તે પછી વિચાર આવ્યો કે દીવાળીની રજામાં તું બે થોડા દિવસ અહીં આવે તો મારી પાસે છે

 

તે ઉપરાંત અહીંની અમેરિકન લાયબ્રેરીમાંથી પણ તને એ વિશે પુષ્કળ સામગ્રી મળી શકશે. હવે તો તારે રજાઓ પડવાની તૈયારી હશે. તો તું અહીં અમારે ત્યાં જ આવ અને પછી દીવાળી ટાણે વડોદરા જવું હોય તો ત્યાંથી જજે. નાનક અહીં છે, વસંત પણ આવશે, તેથી તનેયે ગમશે. જો ન જ આવી શકાય તેમ હોય તો પછી મને અચૂક લખજે જેથી ત્યાં ચિઠ્ઠીમાં હું સામગ્રી મોકલું. લિ.

તારી તબિયત સારી રહી છે? મનહર

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shri Hemendra Parekh,

Pradhyumnasinh Hostel (Room 5),

Palace Road,

Rajkot (Saurashtra)

North Gujarat: Mumbai: 30/9/50

Dear Brother Hemendra,

Received your letter. Was delighted to read the news that you scored the highest marks in English in the S.S.C. exams. But its prize/award was only 50 rupees! Even if we calculate at 1 anna per student for 58,000 students, it comes to over three thousand rupees! The administrators give us so little out of all that.

I was about to write that I would send some literature regarding the United Nations for you by registered post on Saturday. But then I thought that if you come here for a few days during the Diwali vacation, apart from what I have...

...you will also be able to get plenty of material on that subject from the American Library here. By now, your holidays must be about to start. So come stay with us here, and then if you wish to go to Vadodara during Diwali, you can go from here. Nanak is here, Vasant will also come, so you will enjoy it too. If it is completely impossible for you to come, then write to me for sure so that I send the material by mail to your address there.

How has your health been?

Yours,

Manhar





No comments:

Post a Comment