Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Friday, 20 January 2017

MASTAN MEGHANI - 08/08/1951

શ્રી, હેમેન્દ્ર ચુનીલાલ પરીખ, ૧૩૬ સ્ક્વેર હોસ્ટેલ, વલ્લભવિદ્યાનગર

 

તા. ૬-૬-'૫૮ આણંદ. પ્રિય ભાઈ, ગયા નહિ, પણ તેની પહેલાનાં રવિવારે તું અહીં આવેલો, એમ ધમેન્દ્ર કોલેજ માં તારી સાથે ભણતા કોઈ ભાઈએ ખબર આપેલા. તું અહીં આવી ને પણ મને મળી ન શક્યો તે જાણી ખરેખર ઘણુંજ દુઃખ થયું ! બરાબર તેજ વખતે હું દસ-બાર દિવસનાં ભેગા થયેલા કપડા ધોવા ગયો હતો એટલે મને જરા મોડું થઈ ગયું હતું. અચ્છા. હવે આ શનિવારે સવાર માં તું અહીં આવ અને પણ બે દિવસ રોકાજે. આ શનિવારે અમારે કોલેજ નો 'સ્ટુડન્ટસ્ ડે' છે એટલે જરા ફંક્શન જેવું છે. તો તું ચોક્કસ

 

આવજે. શુક્રવારે સાંજના અનુકૂળ સમય એમ હોય તો તો ઘણુંજ સારું. કોલેજ બરાબર ચાલતી હશે. હવે તો ત્યાં ફાવી પણ ગયું હશે. ઠીક ત્યારે, શુક્રવારે સાંજના રાહ જોઈશ. જરૂર આવજે. —મસ્તાની.

તા.ક. બની શકે તેમ હોય તો બાબુભાઈ (અનૂપભાઈ?) ને પણ જરૂર લેતો આવજે.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shri Hemendra Chunilal Parekh, 136 Square Hostel, Vallabh Vidyanagar

Date: 6-6-'58

Anand.

Dear Brother,

A brother who studies with you at Dharmendra College gave the news that you had come here not last Sunday, but the Sunday before that. Learning that you came here and yet couldn't meet me brought real grief! Right at that moment, I had gone to wash ten to twelve days' worth of accumulated clothes, which is why I was a bit delayed.

Alright. Now, come here this Saturday morning and stay for two days. This Saturday is our college's 'Students' Day', so there is a bit of a function. So do...

...come for sure. If it is convenient for you to come on Friday evening itself, that would be even better. College must be running properly. By now you must have settled in there as well.

Fine then, will wait for you on Friday evening. Do come without fail.

— Mastani

P.S. If possible, do bring Babubhai (Anoopbhai?) along as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment