Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Saturday, 21 January 2017

LABHU ACHARYA- 27/06/1955

Hamendra C. Parekh

B.E.

Vicas Corporation

Patel Dharmashala

Near Power House

Rajkot.

 

પ્રમોદના પ્રણામ)

B. 110 Vallabh Vidyanagar Via. Anand. ૨૭-૬-'૫૫ (27-6-'55)

પ્રિય ભાઈ હેમેન્દ્ર, તું B.E. ભણતો ત્યારે આપણે B.V.M.માં મળ્યા હતા. તું રોતો રોતો Ist classમાં પાસ થયો. મેં આશા છોડી હતી ત્યાં IInd class આવ્યો. વચમાં પરીમલને લગ્નની લાલચ આપી મારી માફક રાહ જોતો મૂકી દીધો. આમ કેટલોય સમય પસાર થઈ ગયો પણ તારો કોઈ વાવડ મળ્યા નહિ. તું આવડો મોટો થયો પણ સાવ એ.... જેવો જ રહ્યો. એલા હવે તો કંઈ સુધર. મેં તો તારી મુંબઈમાં રાહ જોઈ હતી પણ તું મોંઘો ઘણો શામાં પડ્યો હોઈશ કંઈ પતો જ ખાધો નહિ. સાંભળવા મળ્યું ને તું પાતાળ પ્રદેશમાં જવાનો છે. અલ્પા તને ય હોલીવુડની ઘેલછા થઈ.! ના, ભાઈ ના, ઘેલછા બહુ ખરાબ વસ્તુ છે. તારું મન મનાવી આપ. આમે ય તું બટુક રહ્યો. મોટાંઓએ તો તને રાજી રાખવો રહ્યો. પણ મી. બાધા, અમે તને રાજી કરીએ. બદલામાં તારે અમને મળવું જોઈએ કાગળ લખવો જોઈએ. અને Ist class આવ્યો તો કંઈ મીઠું મોં પણ કરાવવું જોઈએ. બીજું ઘણું ઘણુંય તારે કરવા જેવું છે પણ આપણા કાર્ડમાં શું સમાય! એટલે ટૂંકમાં એટલું જ કે તે નવરો બાપા જેવો બેસી રહીશ તો હવે તો

 

અહીં આવી જા યા એનાદ પત્ર તો સત્વર લખ. હું અહીં કોલેજમાં સહીય મન ખેલી રાહ જોઉં છું. ચોક્કસ જવાબ ક્યારે મળશે તેલ ખબર મળ એટલે પણ અહીં જ ધામ છે. પરીમલ અને મુંબઈ નવરો છો. પોતપોતાને પન્ને બબ્બે પરણાવવા વાંધો નહિ. અનુભવીઓએ કહ્યું છેને રાહ જોવાથી ગાંઠ મજબૂત થાય છે. તારા સમાચાર આપજે. પત્ર વહેલો લખજે.

(પ્રિય ભાઈ) હેન્દુ, લા.જી.ના જયભારત.

 

આ બુઢાએ આખું કાર્ડ વાપરી નાખ્યું એટલે હવે મને જેટલું મળે તેનાથી સંતોષ માનવો રહ્યો. તારી ઉપર ગુસ્સો ચડે છે કે સાલું તું મને રાંઢ કહેનાર કોણ! પત્રમાં તમાચો મારવા સિવાય બીજો રસ્તો નથી. એકાદ વખત આણંદ આવતા જ પછી અમેરિકા જવું હોય તો જજે. લિ. મંગળાના ...

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hemendra C. Parekh B.E.

Vicas Corporation

Patel Dharmashala

Near Power House

Rajkot.

Pramod's Pranams

B. 110 Vallabh Vidyanagar Via. Anand. 27-6-'55

Dear Brother Hemendra,

We met at B.V.M. while you were studying B.E. You passed in First Class weeping/complaining all along! Where I had given up hope, I got Second Class. In between, offering the temptation of marriage to Parimal, you left him waiting just like me. So much time has passed like this, but received no news/whereabouts of yours. You grew up so big, yet remained just like a total... Hey, improve yourself now at least! I had waited for you in Mumbai, but you turned out to be so precious/elusive that there was no trace of you at all. Heard that you are going to the netherland [abroad/USA]. Oh my, you too caught the Hollywood craze! No, brother, no—a craze is a very bad thing. Mind yourself/keep yourself grounded. Anyway, you remained "Batuk" [little one]. The elders ought to keep you pleased. But Mr. Badha, we please you; in return, you ought to meet us and write a letter. And since you achieved a First Class, you should also sweeten our mouths [treat us] with something. There are many, many other things you ought to do, but how much can fit into our postcard!

So in short, if you are sitting idle like a gentleman, then come here now, or else write a letter promptly. I am here in college happily awaiting you with an open heart. Send news on when I will get a definite reply, as this is my destination/abode for now. Parimal and Mumbai are idle. No objection to marrying off two each to their own. As the experienced ones have said, waiting makes the bond stronger. Give your news. Write a letter soon.

Dear Brother Hemu, Jay Bharat from L.G.

(Note on margin/bottom)

Since this old man used up the entire postcard, I now have to be content with whatever space is left for me. I am getting angry at you—who on earth are you to call me...! There is no other way than to slap you in a letter. Visit Anand at least once, and only then go to America if you wish to.

Yours, Mangala's...






No comments:

Post a Comment