Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Sunday, 2 April 2017

JAGDISH SHAH - 23/11/1949

Hamendra C. Parekh

Jain Boarding house

Station Road

Amreli

Saurashtra

 

તા. ૨૩-૧૧-'૪૯ પ્રિય મિત્ર હેમેન્દ્ર, તારો છેલ્લા પત્ર નૂતન વર્ષાભિનંદનનો મળ્યો. તારો પત્ર નથી એવું લાગે છે કે તારી પરીક્ષા ક્યારે છે? મારી મારા જન્મદિવસે જ શરૂ થાય છે તા ૨૧-૧૨-૪૯. મને રમાના કોઈ પણ દેશમાંથી પત્ર નથી. તને પણ છે ને? તું રજામાં મુંબઈ આવવાનું રાખજે. અને વિજયાનું સગપણ થયું તે કોણે કર્યું? બાકી રમેશ થોડા દિવસ પહેલા વિજયાના લગ્ન થયા, તે તો સાંભળ્યું હશે. મને રાજેન્દ્ર કશું હતું. તેને સ્કૂલ તરફથી ભેટ સારા પ્રમાણમાં આપી હતી. તેણે અર્થ શરતે, મારા ધાર્યા પ્રમાણે, લગ્ન કર્યા છે. તે લગ્ન પછી સ્કૂલે જાય છે અને અઢાર વર્ષ પછી કોલેજમાં જશે. મંજુના લગ્ન વૈશાખ મહિનામાં છે તે મેં રાજેન્દ્ર મારફત જાણ્યું. વિરેન્દ્ર શું કરે છે? તેને મારી યાદી. બંને ને પત્ર લખ્યા કરજે. રજનીભાઈ મદ્રાસ ગયા પછી મને મળ્યા નથી. તે ત્યાં કેટલા પત્ર લખ્યા. મેં તો ઘણા લખ્યા છે. તેમના નામ દેવા બેસીશ તો એક આખું પાનું ભરાશે. અસમત પારેખ અને મેં બંને એ ટીકી બોલવાનું નક્કી કર્યું છે પણ તે શરૂ થાય એમ લાગતું નથી. કારણકે તે જાન્યુઆરી પછી બોલવાનું છે. નરેશ ને હું, બંને અમારે અગર તે

 

ક્રિકેટ રમીએ છીએ. ટુ-ડે સ્ટુડન્ટસ પ્રોગ્રેસિવ ગ્રુપ મેમ્બર થવા ઈચ્છું છું. ફી વર્ષમાં રૂ. ૧. ટ્રીપર, સિનેમા, ડ્રોઈંગ ક્લાસ વગેરે મળત. મેકોડીને ભાઈ બબુ રમેશને ઘણા રસ છે જ્યારે તેમાં નામ કઈ સવાલત્રીઓમાં બહુ જ રસ છે. તારા પત્રની રાહ જોઉં છું. તું મુંબઈ જરૂર જરૂર આવજે. આ છેલ્લા શબ્દો દર વખતે રિપીટ થશે. તારું સરનામું મોકલજે: એ. જે. જે. જાગેશ ૨૦, ગોખલે રોડ (નં) બોમ્બે-૨૮

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To:

Hamendra C. Parekh

Jain Boarding House

Station Road

Amreli

Saurashtra

Date: 23-11-1949

Dear Friend Hemendra,

Received your last letter regarding New Year greetings (Nutan Varshabhinandan). There is no letter from you lately; when are your exams? Mine start right on my birthday, dated 21-12-49. I haven't received a letter from anyone in Rama's country/region. You haven't either, right? Do plan to come to Mumbai during the vacation.

And regarding Vijaya's engagement—who arranged it? Also, Vijaya got married a few days ago, you must have heard that. Rajendra was telling me. She was given a decent amount of gifts from the school side. She got married on conditional terms, as I had expected. She goes to school after marriage and will go to college after turning eighteen. I learned through Rajendra that Manju's wedding is in the month of Vaishakh. What is Virendra doing? My regards to him. Keep writing letters to both of them.

Rajnibhai hasn't met me since he went to Madras. How many letters have you written there? I have written many. If I sit down to name them all, a whole page will be filled. Asmat Parekh and I have both decided to start speaking Tiki [a game/hobby], but it doesn't seem like it will begin soon, because it is to start after January. Naresh and I both play cricket at our place or nearby.

Today I wish to become a member of the 'Students Progressive Group'. The fee is Re. 1 per year. Trips, cinema, drawing classes, etc., would be available. Brother Babu and Ramesh have a lot of interest in Macaroni, whereas my name is among those with a keen interest in queries/activities. Awaiting your letter. Do come to Mumbai without fail—these last words will be repeated every time. Send your address.

Yours,

A. J. J. Jagesh [Jagdish]

20, Gokhale Road (North), Bombay-28





No comments:

Post a Comment