Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 3 April 2017

JAGDISH SHAH - 10/07/1953

૨૦, ગોખલે રોડ, મુંબઈ-૨૮, તા ૧૦.૯.૪૩.

પ્રિય એમૈન્દ્ર,

તારું પત્ર આજરોજ મળ્યું. વાંચી ઘણો જ આનંદ થયો. જો કે આટલા જલ્દી પત્ર તારો આવશે એવી આશા તું જ નહીં, પણ કદાચ આટલા રાતે ટાઈમ મળે ત્યારે પત્ર જરૂર લખજે.

આવ્યો તે રાજકોટ આવ્યો અને હું મને રાજકોટ શહેરમાં ફરવા માટે ટાઈમ ન આપ્યો રાખ્યો, એટલે તને ઘણું દુઃખ થયું પણ શું થાય? મારા મરીજનો સમયને મેં તને આગ્રહ કરવા માટે કર્યો. જુવાન માણસને આટલા નાના શહેરમાં (કંઈ મોટા શહેરમાં રખા...) ભૂલી કેમ જવાય? થોડો પરિશ્રમ વધવો પડે પણ તેમાં મેં શરુ કરીને આનંદ મળ્યો. જો કે ટંપામાં ફરવા ન મજા આવે તે પણ ન આવે પણ શું થાય? તારા સદાય સ... તું જાભ કોઈને ઓપમતો લૂંટે જણો. તે હો...

 

તેનો હું ખરેખર આભાર માનું છું. દુઃખ તો મને વધુ થયું કે જેને હું મળવા આવ્યો હતો તે વડીયા વ્યાલત ગયો. હવે એવા ખાસ ક્યારે મળશે. પાંચ-છ વર્ષ મળવાનો વખત આવ્યો ત્યાં....

જાભ તારા મોટા ભાઈ તથા ભાભીને દીધા (રજા લીધા) સિવાય નીકળી ગયો તેનું મને ઘણું દુઃખ થાય છે. મારે બંને એક રસ્તો હતો નણ કારણ હું સવારે ત્યાં પહોંચ્યો કે અર્ધ અપાર ૦૨ વાગે નીકળ્યો, મારા છોડા અને બધા મુંબઈ માટે નીકળ્યા. અને એક પણ ટ્રેન મને લાગુ પડતી નહોતી. જેના ઘરે મહેમાન તરીકે ઉતર્યા હોય, તેના રજા સિવાય નીકળવું એ એક અસભ્યતા ગણાય પણ હું ઘણો દિલગીર છું. આ તારા ભાઈ ભાભીને કહેજે, તેઓને મારે વંદન. તરેન્દ્ર પણ ત્યાં જ જશે.

હું ત્યાં નરેશ Sr. B.Sc નું ફોર્મ ભરશે છતાં અને Jr. B.Sc ની Exam October

 

માં આપીશુ. ઓક્ટોબરને હવે બહુ વાર નથી. તેથી મારી ઘણું તૈયારી કરવા પડશે. સાથે Sr. B.Sc નું પણ Terminal Octobar માં છે, તને પણ તૈયારી થાશે એવું માનું છે. Revision કરવાના ટાઈમ બહુ મળતો નથી. પિક્ચર્સ ઘણા ઓછા જોયા છે. છેલ્લા પિક્ચર્સમાં 'Patita' અને 'The day the earth stood still' જોયા.

બંને ચિત્રો સારા હતા અને તેમાં ઘણું પાવર સાયન્સ ને લગતું હતું. Not exactly pertaining to Science but concerning Planets. It is no doubt interesting. 'Patita' is also interesting.

ધરેન્દ્ર એ ભણતર છોડા દીધું છે અને તે હવે દુકાને બેસે છે. તને વારીઘડીએ યાદ કરે છે. અહિં સર્વે મજામાં છે અને તારી કુશળતા ચાહીએ છીએ.

એજ. લિ. જગદીશ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20, Gokhale Road, Mumbai-28

Date: 10.9.1953 (Note: Written as '43, contextually '53)

Dear Hemendra,

Received your letter today. Was very delighted to read it. Although I didn't expect your letter to arrive this quickly, whenever you get time late at night, do write a letter.

I came to Rajkot, but I couldn't manage time to roam around in Rajkot city, which caused you much grief; but what could be done? I insisted due to the time constraint of my patient. How can a young man forget such things in a small town (or in a big city)? A little extra effort had to be made, but I found joy in starting it. Though it's not fun to wander around in a horse-drawn carriage (tampa), what can one do? Your constant...

I truly thank you for that. The sorrow was greater for me that the person I came to meet went to Vadiya / abroad. Now when will such special meetings happen again? Just when the time came to meet after five-six years...

I feel deeply sorry for leaving without taking leave of (saying goodbye to) your elder brother and sister-in-law (bhabhi). There was no other way for me, because I arrived there in the morning and left at 2:00 in the afternoon, as my group and everyone were leaving for Mumbai. Not a single train was suitable for me. Leaving without taking permission from those at whose house one stayed as a guest is considered impolite, but I am very sorry. Please convey this to your brother and sister-in-law, along with my respectful greetings (vandan). Tarendra will also go there.

Here, Naresh will fill the form for Sr. B.Sc., yet we will give the Jr. B.Sc. Exam in October.

October is not very far now. Therefore, I will have to do a lot of preparation. At the same time, the Terminal exam for Sr. B.Sc. is also in October; I assume you will also be preparing. Doesn't get much time for revision. Have watched very few movies. Among the recent movies, watched 'Patita' and 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'.

Both movies were good, and there was a lot of power-science involved. Not exactly pertaining to Science, but concerning Planets. It is no doubt interesting. 'Patita' is also interesting.

Dhirendra has dropped his studies and now sits at the shop. He remembers you time and again. Everyone here is doing well, and we wish for your well-being.

That's all.

Yours,

Jagdish


 




No comments:

Post a Comment