Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 3 April 2017

JAGDISH SHAH - 04/06/1953

Sjt. Hamendra C. Parekh

C/o Vikas Corporation

Near Power House

Rajkot

Rajkot

 

જગદીશ કોટેજ, જોરાવરનગર. ૫.૬.૪૩.

પ્રિય અમિન્દ્ર,

રાજકોટ થી સવારના પાંચની ગાડીમાં નીકળ્યા બાદ ખુશાલી અહિં આવી ગયો છું. તને પત્ર ન લખ્યો તેનું કારણ આપસ. તને એમ હશે કે જગદીશ મુંબઈ પહોંચી ગયો હશે ખરુંને! હું હવે ચાર-પાંચ દિવસમાં મુંબઈ તરફ જવાનો છું.

તારા ભાઈ ભાભીને દીઠાવગર ત્યાંથી નીકળી ગયો તેનું મને ઘણું દુઃખ થાય છે. પણ હું ત્યાં વધુ રોકાઈ જઈ શકે તેવી સ્થિતિમાં નહતો. મારા કાકા મેસમાં જ્યાંને જઈને સાઈડમાં વિરમગામ સુધી ગયા અને ત્યાંથી પછી મેસમાં જવાના હતા. અહિં સવારના આવી ગયો તે જ ઠીક થયું. ભાઈ ભાભીને પ્રણામ કહેજો. પપ્પુ તો મને બહુ જ યાદ આવે છે. વિરેન્દ્ર આવી ગયો હશે અને પપ્પા કદાચ ત્યાં આવશે પણ તે વડિયા જશે. પાંચ-છ વર્ષે મળવાનો પ્રસંગ આવ્યો એમાં મળ્યા નહોતા અને હવે ભવિષ્યમાં ક્યારે મળાશે? મુંબઈનું ઠેકાણું હોય તો

 

મને તુરત અહિં જણાવજે. કાગળ પત્ર લખ્યા કરજે. પૂ. પિતાશ્રીને મારા પ્રણામ કહેજો.

એજ લી. જગદીશ.

 

મને તુરત અહિં જણાવજે. કાગળ પત્ર લખ્યા કરજે. પૂ. પિતાશ્રીને મારા પ્રણામ કહેજો.

એજ લી. જગદીશ.

 

Jagdish J Shah. Jagdish Cottage Joravarnagar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To:

Sjt. Hamendra C. Parekh

C/o Vikas Corporation

Near Power House

Rajkot, Rajkot

Jagdish Cottage, Joravarnagar

Date: 5.6.1953 (Note: Written as '43, contextually '53)

Dear Amindra,

After departing from Rajkot on the five o'clock morning train, I arrived here safely. I will give you the reason why I couldn't write a letter earlier. You must have thought that Jagdish must have reached Mumbai, right? I am now going to head towards Mumbai in four to five days.

I feel very sorry for leaving without seeing (saying goodbye to) your brother and sister-in-law (bhabhi). But I was not in a position where I could stay there any longer. My uncle went as far as Viramgam on the side going to the mess, and from there he was to go to the mess. It was good that I arrived here in the morning. Give my respects (pranam) to brother and sister-in-law. I miss Pappu very much. Virendra must have arrived, and Father might come there, but he will go to Vadiya. An opportunity to meet came after five to six years, yet we couldn't meet—and now, when will we meet in the future?

If you have a Mumbai address, inform me here immediately. Keep writing letters. Give my respects (pranam) to respected Father.

That is all.

Yours,

Jagdish

(Sender Address)

Jagdish J. Shah

Jagdish Cottage, Joravarnagar

 





No comments:

Post a Comment