Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Sunday, 2 April 2017

JAGDISH SHAH - 10/02/1951

૨૦, ગોખલે રોડ નોર્થ

રાજભવન નિવાસ

દાદર મુંબઈ

તા. ૧૦-૨-૫૨

 

પ્રિય મિત્ર,

તારો તથા તારા ભાઈનો પત્ર મળ્યો. વાંચી ઘણો ખુશી થયો. દિલગીર છું કે તમારા બંનેના પત્રોનો જવાબ જલ્દી આપી શક્યો નથી. તારા સિવાય અમેરિકાથી પણ પત્ર આવ્યો છે તેના પણ જવાબ આપી શક્યો નથી.

તમારી પરીક્ષા તારીખ સીમી ફેબ્રુઆરીથી શરૂ થશે? practicles કયારે છે? અમારે પરીક્ષા ૧૫મીથી શરૂ થશે અને પ્રેક્ટિકલ તારુમાં ફેબ્રુઆરી. આ વેકેશનમાં મુંબઈ આવવાનો પ્રોગ્રામ અમે કરતા હતા સૌરાષ્ટ્રની ટ્રીપ અવાના છીએ. આપના વિચાર હોય તો લખજે. ઉત્યા વર્ષ પછી મળશે? ત્રણ વર્ષ પછી. ડૉરો... કેટલા પિક્ચર જોયા? ગયા મહિનામાં બે પિક્ચર જોયા. (૧) પરદેશ (૨) Ghost Brakers સાવની અને મંગલા જોવા જવાનું છે. Lady Hardinge Road પર એક ન્યુ થિયેટર થયું છે. તમારા ઘરની બાજુમાં છે. i.e Near Scottish Orphanage School.

પત્રની આશા જલ્દી રાખતો નથી.

Wish you good luck in the Examination.

Yours sincerely, Jagdish Shah

 

ગિરીન્દ્રને યાદ આપજો.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20, Gokhale Road North

Rajbhavan Niwas [Jivan Niwas]

Dadar, Mumbai

Date: 10-2-52

Dear Friend,

Received your letter as well as your brother's letter. Was very happy to read them. I am sorry that I couldn't reply to both of your letters quickly. Besides yours, a letter also arrived from America, and I haven't been able to reply to that one either.

Will your examinations start from mid-February? When are the practicals? Our exams will begin on the 15th, and practicals in mid-February. We were planning a program to come to Mumbai during this vacation, and we are also coming for a trip to Saurashtra. Write to me if you have any thoughts on this. Will we meet after next year? After three years... How many movies did you watch? Watched two movies last month: (1) Pardes and (2) Ghost Breakers. Going to watch Sawani and Mangala. A new theater has opened on Lady Hardinge Road. It is near your house—i.e., Near Scottish Orphanage School.

I don't expect a prompt letter back immediately.

Wish you good luck in the Examination.

Yours sincerely,

Jagdish Shah

P.S. Remember me to Girindra.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment