Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 3 April 2017

JAGDISH SHAH - 12/04/1953

To, Hamendra. C. Parekh,

Engineering Hostel,

Vallabh Vidyanagar, (Via Anand)

 

૨૦, ગોખલે રોડ નોર્થ મુંબઈ ૨૮ તા. ૧૨-૪-૧૯૫૩ રાતના ૧૧ વા.

પ્રિય હેમેન્દ્ર,

તને ઘણા વખતથી પત્ર લખી રહ્યો છું. મને આશા હતી કે તારો પત્ર જરૂર આવશે પણ ન આવતા તરફથી આવ્યો તે જ મને લખ્યો. જ્યારે એ જરા વાત હતી.

તારો પરિચય મળી લખ્યું છે. પુરા થવાનો છે તે જણાવીશ? આભાર.

નરેન્દ્ર ને મારા પ્રણામ કહેજે. અને ટૂંક સમયમાં એટલે કે મંગળવારે હું સૌરાષ્ટ્ર મોલમાં બીઝા સુરેન્દ્રનગર પંદર દિવસ (એપ્રિલ) માટે જઉ છું. તારી પરીક્ષા જો આસ તારીખ પહેલા પતે તો હું તને મારા ઘરે આવવા માટે આમંત્રણ આપું છું. કે જે નુ. કેસરો નથી. વિરેન્દ્ર ક્યાં છે અને શું કરે છે? શું અત્યારે કરે છે? એવા તરફથી લખ્યું.

 

પત્ર નથી તેમજ તે ત્યાં વસે છે તે પણ મને ખબર નથી, તે જોત હું તેને પત્ર લખી શકું.

Wish you the best of luck in the remaining Examination. Though my good wishes are always with you, and will always remain with you, through out your Career.

આ ઉપરથી અને ત્યાં જરૂર હશે કે સાહસમાં મુંબઈની તરફ અહીં ગયા છે, આ થોડો ગુંચવણમાં...

મરાઠીમાં (ઘૂ લખતા આવડતું નથી, મીરા કહે છે) તને યાદી. અહિં અને બધે ખૂબ જ વારંવાર છે. નરેશ આજે સવારે બંગલોરે ગયો છે. જે નુ ત્યાં આવવાનો હોય તો પત્ર વ્યવહાર જાવાના સરનામે કરજો અથવા ત્યાં મને surprise કરવા આવજે. તને યાદ તો હશે કે ઇરેના લગન થઈ ગયા છે. પરણતા થવાના છે. મધુકાંત તથા તેનો લગીને નરેશ ના સગા પણ થઈ ગયા છે. આ તો પહેલો પ્રસંગ છે કે જેમાં સુરતમાં તો છોકરાઓ રગપણ કર્યું છે. રજનીભાઈ મળ્યા હતા તારા વિશે તેઓ પૂછતા હતા.

લખમે પત્ર લખવાની પણ ફુરસદ નથી મળતી તેમ Engineering ના Course માં અધ્યાપ...

 

તરફ ભણવા મળે છે. અહિં હું તો મારું સરનામું આપવું ભૂલી ગયો. (જગદીશ કોલેજ, પોસ્ટ ઓફિસ સામે, જોરાવરનગર, સૌરાષ્ટ્ર)

તારા પત્ર થી આવશે, બાજુ જે કઈ બે ત્રણ વર્ષનું ભેગું કર્યું છે તેનું જોરાવરનગર આવ્યાથી ઉકેલ. આ વખતે તારે ત્યાં જરૂર આવવાનું છે. કહ્યા ચાર દિવસ ન રહી શકાય એવું હોય તો બે દિવસ તો રહેવું જ પડશે. અને મારા કુટુંબને અને તમારા પરિવારને પણ હોય તો પછી હું ખાસ તને કહીશ કે રાત્રે જ ન આવતા.

દિલ સે અનરીય પ્રણામ

 

Jagdish J. Shah 20, Gokhale Road N. Bombay 28

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To:

Hamendra C. Parekh

Engineering Hostel

Vallabh Vidyanagar (Via Anand)

20, Gokhale Road North, Mumbai 28

Date: 12-4-1953, 11:00 PM at night

Dear Hemendra,

I am writing to you after a long time. I was hoping that your letter would definitely arrive, but since it didn't, I am writing to you myself on my own accord—even though it's late.

I have written after receiving news of you. Will you inform me when it is going to be completed? Thanks.

Convey my respects (pranam) to Narendra. In a short time, that is on Tuesday, I am leaving for Surendranagar on the Saurashtra Mail for fifteen days (April). If your exams finish before this date, I invite you to come to my home—there is no issue regarding that. Where is Virendra and what is he doing? What is he up to nowadays? Please write about him.

There is no letter from him, nor do I know where he is residing there, otherwise I could write him a letter.

Wish you the best of luck in the remaining Examination. Though my good wishes are always with you, and will always remain with you, throughout your Career.

From this... and if needed there, he has gone towards Mumbai in a hurry, this created a bit of confusion...

Regards to you in Marathi (I don't know how to write Gujarati well, Meera says so). Everyone here and everywhere remembers you very often. Naresh went to Bangalore this morning. If he is coming there, correspond at the departure address, or come there to give me a surprise. You might remember that Ire's wedding is over and others are about to get married. Madhukant and his marriage... Naresh's relatives have also been fixed. This is the first instance where boys in Surat have arranged matches. Met Rajnibhai; he was asking about you.

Don't even get leisure time to write letters... in the Engineering Course, teaching...

I forgot to give my address here: (Jagdish Cottage, Opposite Post Office, Joravarnagar, Saurashtra).

It will come through your letter; whatever has accumulated over these two or three years will be resolved upon coming to Joravarnagar. This time you must definitely come there. If you cannot stay for four days as mentioned, you will have to stay for at least two days. And if my family and your family agree, then I will specifically tell you not to come only at night.

Heartfelt respects (pranam),

Jagdish J. Shah

20, Gokhale Road N., Bombay 28


 






No comments:

Post a Comment