Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 3 April 2017

JAGDISH SHAH - 22/08/1954

To

Sgt Hamendra C. Parekh

Eng. Hostel B-28

Vallabh Vidyanagar

Via Anand

 

 

૨૦, ગોખલે રોડ નોર્થ મુંબઈ, ૨૨/૮

પ્રિય ઉમેદ, તારો પત્ર મળ્યો. હું લખવાની તૈયારી કરતો હતો ત્યાં જ તારો પત્ર આવ્યો. સરનામા બદલ આભાર. મને passport તથા S.S. ‘Asia’ નો ત્રા સપ્ટેમ્બરના રોજ મળી ગયો છે. એવું શરૂઆતમાં જ મને ખબર પડી. passport તાત્કાલિક મેળવવા માટે મારે રોજ ત્યાં ધક્કા, ખોટા મારવા પડ્યા હતા અને એ officer જોડે જરા ગરમ થઈને વાત કરી. Govt office માં જરાપણ નરમાઈ થી કામ વગર પાડો રોકાતું નથી. એટલે જરા ગરમ થયો અને passport મળ્યો. તું ક્યારે અહીં આવવાનો છું તે અગાઉથી જણાવજે. picnic કરવાનો તો હવે વખત નથી પણ party માં તો જરૂર તું સામેલ થઈ શકીશ. અને કેટલું picnic

 

કરવી તે અત્યારે નક્કી કરવું પણ કંઈ તૈયારી કરવાની શક્તિ જ શકાય તેમ નથી તેમ છતાં કરીશ. પણ પણ તારીખનું તે સરીયય છે. આટલા દિવસ Boat ઉપડે છે અને સામાન pack કરવાનો છે, એટલે આખો દિવસ બગડી ન શકાય. જાડો તું અહીં આવીશ ત્યારે party કરીશ અને party આપવાનો મારો વિચાર ૨-૫ મિનિટનો છે તું આવે ત્યારે રાખતા. Pictures ની ખાસ “English ગંગા અને મંગળવારે “Motion lazy to love” જોવા જઈશું. તને મુંબઈમાં ક્યારે આવવાનો ટાઈમ મળે છે તે લખજે. તમને ૩-૪ સપ્ટેમ્બર Bank holidays છે તે પણ હશે. એમાં જે સોમવાર આવશે, તે એક દિવસ પાછી. મારે જો બને તો મને સ્ટેમ્પ આપવા ખાતર વહેલો આવજે અને અડચણ નહી પડે. તને મુંબઈમાં જડી જઈશ. વધુ તો તારો પત્ર આવ્યા પર અને તારી રામરામ. રાજ કામની.

 

Jagdish J. Shah B.Sc. (HONS) 20, Gokhale Road (N) BOMBAY 28

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To:

Sgt. Hamendra C. Parekh

Eng. Hostel B-28

Vallabh Vidyanagar

Via Anand

20, Gokhale Road North, Mumbai, 22/8

Dear Umed,

Received your letter. Just as I was getting ready to write to you, your letter arrived. Thanks for the address update. I received the passport and the ticket for S.S. ‘Asia’ for September. I found out right at the beginning. To get the passport urgently, I had to make unnecessary trips there every day and spoke to that officer a bit sternly. In government offices, work doesn't move at all with softness. So I got a bit firm, and I got the passport. Do let me know in advance when you are coming here. There isn't time for a picnic now, but you will definitely be able to join the party.

Even if we were to plan a picnic, it is currently impossible to gather the energy to make any preparations, though I will still try. However, the date is fixed. The boat leaves in a few days and the luggage needs to be packed, so an entire day cannot be wasted. When you come here, we will have a party; my idea is to throw a short party when you arrive. Regarding movies, we will go to watch "Motion lazy to love" on Tuesday and English ones. Write to me about when you get time to come to Mumbai. You might also have bank holidays on 3–4 September. The Monday that comes in between, that one extra day... If possible, come early for the sake of giving me stamps, and it won't be a trouble. I'll meet you in Mumbai. More after your letter arrives. Greetings. Work is in progress.

Jagdish J. Shah, B.Sc. (HONS)

20, Gokhale Road (N), BOMBAY 28

 





No comments:

Post a Comment