Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 3 April 2017

JAGDISH SHAH - 18/04/1952


કેમેન્દ્ર સી. પારેખ,

પાઠશાળા જી. જામનગર,

પોસ્ટ ઓફિસ પાસે વડીયા,

Vadia Saurashtra

 

૨૦, ગોખલે રોડ નોર્થ મુંબઈ ૨૮. તા. ૧૬-૪-૫૨.

પ્રિય મિત્ર કેમેન્દ્ર,

 તારો પત્ર મળ્યો. પણ બાપોલીમાં ટ્રેઈન હોવાથી તુર્ત જવાબ આપી ન શક્યો. પ્રેક્ટિકલ બહુ સારો નથી ગયો. Physics અને Chemistry ના પ્રેક્ટિકલ અનુક્રમે તા. ૧૨-૪-૫૨ થી તા. ૧૪-૪-૫૨ ના છે. પેપર ઠીકઠીક ગયા છે. નરેશે પણ સારું કર્યું છે. આજે કંપનીએ સારું કર્યું છે. પારેખ, ધરેન્દ્ર, મહેન્દ્ર, અનુપ તરફથી B.C. રજનીભાઈ મને પરીક્ષા પહેલા મળ્યા હતા. ખાસ વાતચીત ન થઈ શકી. Physics પ્રેક્ટિકલ સારો નથી થયો તો Chemistry practical નહિ આપું. સીનિયર જવામાં તો હજી વાર છે. પરીક્ષા પછી અત્યાર સુધીમાં લગભગ સાલ સીનમાં થયા બધા લગભગ બગડ્યા. ધરેન્દ્રની પરીક્ષા સારી ગઈ હશે. તારા ગયા પછી કોઈનો ફોન ત્યાં ઘરે કોઈ આવ્યો નથી. તારે નીચે ન શું જોઈતું? હું બનતા સુધ પાનું. સુરેન્દ્રનગર જવાનું થાય થશે તો જણાવીશ. પાન હું ખાઉં. આપે તો સારું. નવીનમાં કાઈ નથી. પત્ર લખજે.

 

કાઠિયા પ્રેક્ટિકલ બંને સારા ગયા છે. પેપર ઘણો સારો ગયો છે. અમે લગભગ છ દિવસમાં માથેરાન જવાની છીએ. જો મને તો તું ત્યાં વિશેષ લખજો. કાઠિયા Posted on: 18th April, 1952.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hemendra C. Parekh

Pathshala, Dist. Jamnagar

Near Post Office, Vadiya

Vadia, Saurashtra

20, Gokhale Road North, Mumbai 28.

Date: 16-4-52

Dear friend Hemendra,

Received your letter. However, due to a train delay/schedule in the afternoon, I couldn't reply immediately. My practicals did not go very well. The Physics and Chemistry practicals are scheduled from 12-4-52 to 14-4-52 respectively. The theory papers went decently well. Naresh has also done well. Today the company/group did well. Regards/best wishes from Parekh, Dhirendra, Mahendra, Anup, and B.C. Rajnibhai met me before the exams; we couldn't have a long conversation. Since the Physics practical didn't go well, I might not take the Chemistry practical. There is still time before going to the senior year. Almost all the movie shows attended since the exams ended turned out to be bad. Dhirendra's exams must have gone well. After you left, no one called home. Did you not need what was mentioned below? I will improve as much as possible. If a trip to Surendranagar happens, I will let you know. I eat betel leaf (paan); it would be nice if given. Nothing new otherwise. Do write back.

Kathia's practicals both went well. His paper went very well. We are likely going to Matheran in about six days. If I get the chance, write more to me there.

(Posted on: 18th April, 1952)


 





No comments:

Post a Comment