Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Wednesday, 5 April 2017

DAMYANTI BHABHI - 1955

The New India Assurance Company Limited. Rangoon Branch.

પ્રિય બટુકભાઈ, આપનો પત્ર મળ્યો. પરીક્ષામાં પાસ થઈ ગયા જાણીને આનંદ. હવે ત્યાંના નવીન જણાવશો. આ પત્રની સાથે નીતિનનો એક ફોટો મોકલું છું.

વડિયાથી પૂ. બાપુજીનો પત્ર હતો. ત્યાં પણ હશે. પૂ. બાએ તમને યાદી લખાવી છે, તમારું વજન હવે ફરીથી વધ્યું કે નહિ? અહીંયા તો ખાસ નવીન કાંઈ છે જ નહિ. એક વજન વધે છે તે નવીન. રાંધવું ખાવું ને મમ કરવી. હવે તમે એક ત્યાં લખશો તો કોઈક વખત આવવા મળે. બોલાવશો ને? પત્ર જરૂર લખશો. લી. આપની ભાભી.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The New India Assurance Company Limited.

Rangoon Branch.

Dear Batukbhai,

Received your letter. Very glad to know that you passed the examination. Now please share any new updates from there. Sending a photo of Nitin along with this letter.

There was a letter from respected Bapuji from Vadia; he must have written to you there as well. Respected Ba has sent her warm regards to you. Has your weight started increasing again or not?

There is nothing particularly new here. The only new thing is my weight increasing! Cooking, eating, and taking a nap. Now, if you write to them there, maybe I will get a chance to visit sometime. You will invite me, won't you? Do write a letter.

Yours,

Your Sister-in-law (Bhabhi)


No comments:

Post a Comment